“Friendly stewardess”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This stewardess named Rajah was a very friendly and helpful staff. She as more like a friend to my family during this flight. I think she deserves our appreciation. She is a Moroccan and exceptionally efficient.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank 259Tony
Write a ReviewReviews (16,754)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

After countless international and domestic flights I have finally had the pleasure of flying with Qatar. I flew from New York to Bangkok and then return to Paris with layovers in Doha. The level of service is exceptional, it's clean with great food, the planes are huge and incredible with so much in flight entertainment, shows, games, movies, etc. It did appear there was free wifi of some sort but it wasnt working on my phone, not sure if it was my phone or the wifi that had the problem.

The flight was on time, the staff was great, the plane was great, not sure what else I can say here!!

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank eddiealves
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flight was on time, service good and friendly helpful staff from start to finish. Food was average. Good flight.

2  Thank bear4bailey
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Love the service! Always professional!

This year’s movie selection was not as good as last year’s though...:(

2  Thank islandculinarylover
Reviewed 5 April 2018

As a frequent flyer and a senior contributor on Tripadvisor, I hope to make other travellers aware of one of the worst check-in experiences I have ever experienced with Qatar Airways.

I frequently travel long haul usually in Business Class. I generally prefer three airlines, each of whom have a generous checked-in baggage allowance:
• British Airways (2 x 32 Kgs)
• Virgin Atlantic (3 x 32 Kgs)
• Cathay Pacific (3x23 Kgs)
I don’t always read the small print, but as a business class passenger I expect a measure of tolerance and I definitely expect to be treated with dignity and respect.

This January, for the first time I was encouraged to book with Qatar, a long haul flight from LHR to Cape Town via Doha, and a return flight from Sydney back to LHR. My check in at LHR T4 was nothing short of the worst I have ever experienced. I must admit to not checking my baggage allowance, but I did not consider that having two suitcases one of 23 Kgs and the other of 24 Kgs was excessive. However, it seems that Qatar has the smallest Business Class baggage allowance of a total of 40 Kgs.

As I was being checked in I was told that I would have to remove the additional weight. I asked to speak to the manager and someone called Rocky appeared, I said that I would not be able to carry the excess as hand luggage as I had a bad back, but he stood firm either I repacked or I couldn’t check in. I refused to repack in front of everyone so he walked me to a quieter area and the check in staff and other passengers watched while a 62 year old woman with a bad back scrambled on her hands and knees trying to redistribute the weight of her cases. I ended up with four large and heavy pieces of hand luggage which I had to carry around three airports LHR, Doha and Cape Town.

This was a humiliating, belittling and disrespectful experience aimed to strip me, a white western woman of a certain age, of any dignity whatsoever. As I crawled around on the floor I caught one of the check-in staff laughing as he watched me. I was not given the option of paying for the additional weight.

I started my long awaited trip with a bad back and ‘lost’ several items in the chaos. After spending in the region of £2500 on this ticket it was outrageous to be treated worse than a Ryanair passenger. As far as I know having excess hold luggage is not a crime, therefore, it should not be a punishable offence. I made my representations to Qatar, but the customer services were just not interested and could not care less.

My return flights home were a complete fiasco as the controller operating my in-flight entertainment did not work, not just on one leg of the journey but on both. The first flight supervisor, apologised profusely and promised chocolates and WiFi, but nothing materialised. Doha airport the hub where you will always be transferred to and from, is a huge sprawling disorganised mess. It can take an hour just walking from one gate to another!

Having an ‘award winning airline’ is not just about good in-flight service, it is the whole package. Others do it better, I would not fly with this airline again if they paid me!

8  Thank Tororeal