“Absolutely shocking”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Literally the worst experience I have ever had flying.
Booked direct flight from Auckland to Melbourne 6.30 am departure. We live in South head so had to leave at 2.30 am to be at the airport on time. Boarded on time, Horrendous takeoff sliding and bumpy, not at all normal. Announcement around an hour into the flight in a nervous voice saying they had technical difficulties and had to return to Auckland. Obviously having to dump fuel on the way back. Horrific landing almost face planting the seat in front but also a little relieved to be on the ground. Watched for several hours while they took the engine cover off to assess the problem. I am assuming we lost an engine given the bad takeoff and landing. Nervous the whole plane hoped we wouldn't be rebounding the same plane and indeed we didn't. 4 pm that afternoon we boarded another plane to Sydney with a stopover and then onto another plane to Melbourne. We arrived losing an entire day of seeing our daughter before she leaves to go to Europe , we were only staying for 3 days total.
We arrived at our hotel 9.30 that evening totally jet lagged after what should have been a three and a half to four hour flight.
At least we didn't die I guess.
Then on our return flight again delayed, The plane had left Auckland and had to return due to issues ( probably the same plane we left on) Finally the plane arrived then we were told there was an airport curfew and if we didn't board the plane by 8pm we would not be able to fly.We had been watching our bags on the tarmac waiting in the rain luckily we had wrapped them and then a mad panic to get the passengers from Auckland off refuel and us on... boy people can be slow and have no understanding of the urgency. Exhausted and glad to be home, although devastated we lost an entire day with our daughter, I will never fly qantas again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a 6am flight from Canberra to Melbourne.

We were advised flight is delayed due Fog, where as Virgin flights were able to take off and land

Poor customer service and bad advise to customers

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have put some effort into getting to the Gold Membership paying more than other airlines to get access to lounges and have more luggage, but now they are restricting the benefits of being loyal to Qantas. In the lounge only allow to stay for a short period of time and since I am using another airline I have to pay for extra luggage

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I almost chose another airline as Qantas let us down majorly 2 years ago with a terrible service throughout the flight. I decided to give another chance. I am glad I did as it had improved on our last experience. The food was better, the entertainment could have been a bit better but wasn't bad. The service on QF1 was a bit of a let down. I had a staff member keep missing us on the drinks and meals so when I called her after she went past us totally missing us she didnt apologise just told me to wait. Not a good response to a poor job being done really.
On the whole the plane was clean and the flight was very smooth and I felt the captain was really good and kept us all up to date and tried to get out of any bumpy parts, which I am most thankful for as a nervous flyer.
Mostly I choose Qantas because it is usually a smooth flight and I find their captains are always very good at communicating. This is why I will choose them again over others. I feel safe.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to use our Australian airline to reach Singapore in Business Class. It was a poor choice. The seats were no where near as comfortable as those on our next flight with Turkish Airlines. The cabin service was was minimalist and the much touted meals service was non existent. 4 meals were on offer but by the time they reached us it was down to one! So no choice at all. The food allegedly designed by Neil Perry, was not even a C- rating. Tired and tasteless stodge. He should check, as his product name is being used in vain. Our next flight with Turkish Airlines was a valuable comparison. Attentive, happy service, wide choice of delicious food and outstanding sleeping facilities. Another reason to take QANTAS off you flight choices!

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.