“Qantas Jhb Syd flights always late”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Qantas flights from Jhb are nearly always late leaving. Returning to Sydney from Melbourne I have a 90% rate over multiple trips of flghts being cancelled or late.
Since SAA Perth flight disappeared this is only direct flight. Qantas never apologises. Always blames something else. Be prepared for very high stress with any transit flight

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 15 May 2024

Got on to the flight Sunday morning and was on the windows seat.
A passenger that I beleive was drunk as his breath smelt of booze was seated next to me all he did throughout the flight was lean on to my side and sleep at times groping and falling on me.
I don't understand how he was allowed on the plane in the condition he was in.

On the way to Perth on the previous flight I had another male passenger approximately 6 feet tall and really broad although apologising to me had the same thing happen to me to being crushed up against the windows.
The annoying thing was there was seats without the middle seat being filled free.
You think they would put someone of that size in the seat with the middle seat spare.

9 and a half hours of uncomfortable flying I understand it's economy but I did pay for a seat not half a seat.
I do not expect to arrive at my destination with back pain because people can't be better sorted.

I will go with the cheaper carrier next time not worth paying the extra $$.

Date of travel: May 2024

DON'T use Qantas.
Australians that we met on our long trip were surprised we had used Qantas and said that Qantas now has a terrible reputation in Australia. They damaged my case en route, made me jump through hoops to make a claim and then told me that I should have reported to staff at the time of collection (even though there was no Qantas representative at Broome airport when we arrived late in the day!).
Very poor service and client care attitude.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank bandt153
Reviewed 14 May 2024

The airlines level of service leaves a lot to be desired. Lack of competition in domestic routed have resulted in some entitled staff that feel they can treat customers poorly with no consequence. Not sure if it is a different generation of staff in the cabin that seem disinterested and kept skipping over seats when providing service. Also kept dropping things including one on my head...almost like they were drunk. The check in staff in Brisbane is no existent with the bag drop technology which kept glithcing and we kept being asked to try a different machine. Even after the person on the ground tried for himself and realised it doesn't work, we had to queue up with the one single manned counter in the airport.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 14 May 2024

Horrible experience with Qantas. The plane was literally falling apart. Seats were held together with tape. The entertainment system did not work for an almost 16 hour flight. They are falsly advertise their services.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank keldaman c
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.