“Flight cancelled again”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 23 February 2024

Less than 24 hours after listening to Vanessa Hudson on the news advising how she is focussed on the airline’s service performance and its customers , I awake to have a sms message on my mobile advising that my Qantas flight today has been cancelled.
This airline and its leadership are toxic and have done nothing to improve their customer service or real reliability.
The CEO was part of the Joyce team and has delivered the same as before.
You may call yourself the safest airline but you are also the worst…
Rebooked with Garuda this morning and they are departing on time.
How pathetic that Qantas cancels flights but airlines like Garuda are more reliable.
Qantas without doubt is still sliding down and has no brilliant future under current leadership.

Date of travel: January 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Colin M

Reviewed 22 February 2024

I flew Qantas return trip from Heathrow to Singapore and back. I booked a seat with bassinet, seated in a row of 4 with another bassinet. Flew out on 6th Feb and the one next to me was broken. Felt so sorry for the family next to me. My husband’s tv was also broken (fantastic for a 13 hour flight) which they knew about. How it wasn’t fixed I don’t know. Obviously no care for the people travelling with them.

On the way home on 19th Feb we flew back same seat. Sat down realised must have been same plane as the bassinet next to me was still broken. Poor lady next to me was travelling on her own with a young baby. They moved her about 2 hours into the flight but moved another lady with a young child next to me as far as I could see was not a switch with the other lady (child was too big for a bassinet) it was a night flight my baby was asleep (along with my two other children) the other passenger had her light on from the back of her phone on, was so bright having a full blown conversation with the hostess so loud. Most people around us were asleep, if your moving people around in the middle of a night flight do it quickly without noise and disruption to everyone around you. It’s just polite to be aware of your surroundings. If the bassinet was fixed the First Lady wouldn’t have had to move and no one would have been disrupted. The floor in front of me was sodden with water couldn’t put anything on the floor apparently was from the chillers. Not really my problem sort it out so all my stuff and children’s bits aren’t soaking.

The toilets were filthy and the food was average.

I wouldn’t fly with them again not that hard to make sure tvs and bassinets are fixed and working for such a long flight.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 22 February 2024

No water in the plane. I asked about water and flight attendant responded use hand sanitizer. I can’t wash my face with sanitizer I said. Low quality food let alone hair in my scrambled eggs .touch screen not functioning.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank hamidm226
Reviewed 22 February 2024

Qantas was several hours late and left the bags at the airport. They did not put any checked bags on the plane. The entire flight was out of pocket due to missed connecting flights, work commitments, holidays etc. Requested a refund as clothes and everything else was in the bags that they didn't put on the plane. Took several months to get a reply. staff lying, making excuses etc. Offered a 20-dollar refund. These guys are a joke. Never flying with them again even if someone gave me a free flight. Customer service??? Got hung up on several times and it's the customers fault somehow. Read the title I'd rather swim or walk than pay for the horrible experience and the way you are treated.

Date of travel: December 2023
3  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed 22 February 2024

I have an upcoming booking with Qantas, and have had to make 3 calls to sort out the booking, only to find on the final call that one leg of the trip had been cancelled but that was not clear on my QF app or online when I logged in. Finally, I have had to re-book the whole return flight. I assume, similar to the ACC Enquiry into Qantas, that I would not have been told about this until a day or two before if I had not persisted. The only thing that tipped me off was the fact that I did not get an automatic flight confirmation and when I logged in and requested one the missing flight (which I had paid for) was not shown. So still up to their usual tricks. God what a mess. I will NEVER fly with them again. Shocking to see this Australian icon completely run into the ground by such shocking mismanagement.

Date of travel: January 2024
3  Thank DonnaandDaves99
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.