“20 years behind the times”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 15 February 2024

Please, Qantas, could you have just one plant-based option on your flights? In the last 10 days, I have travelled on four Qantas domestic flights, and not been able to eat a single item - even the rice crackers had milk in them. Beef sausage roll, chicken sandwich, egg muffin… no thank you. Then on the way to Hobart, there was an olive dip with crackers and crudités - looked good, but the dip was made with eggs and the crackers were milk-based.

It really shouldn’t be difficult to provide just one vegan option.

It makes Qantas appear to be an old-fashioned airline unable to keep up with the times.

Reviewed 15 February 2024

My mother In-Law passed away suddenly a week before our trip to Gold Coast, I called Qantas to cancel our flight and it went smoothly, was told refund will be processed within 6-7 days, at the time I remember thinking that was easy, maybe too easy.

Well I was right, about 3 or 4 days later I received a ”prepare your flight” email from Qantas, so I called Qantas again, was told my flight has not been cancelled due to the original request was not processed correctly by the first Customer Consultant, and she re-assured me that now it definitely has been cancelled and I will receive my refund within the next 6-7 days, I really didn’t have the energy to argue why it should be another 6-7 days considering it was not my mistake that my flight has not been cancelled 3 or 4 days ago.

A week later after the funeral, I realised that I have not received refund from Qantas, here I go calling the 3rd time, I was told by the 3rd Customer Consultant that the 2nd people didn’t get my credit card details therefore my refund couldn’t be processed, when I asked why has no one contacted via phone or email from Qantas? She replied “sorry, I can’t tell you that:”

I have been a frequent flyer since early 90’s, how a simple cancellation can take 3 calls and twice as long to get the refund, these so called “Customer Consultants” or “Specialists” are incompetent, total lack of knowledge or skills, it’s a disgrace for a business that was built on customer service and confidence to treat paying customer with total disrespect.

My fellow travellers, lodge complaints, write reviews, I know these things takes your precious time away from your family and things you love to do, but as paying customer this is the only way for us not to be treated like idiots, force Qantas to lift up their game and “ keep the b******s honest”.

Reviewed 14 February 2024

Booked a flight from Brisbane to Sydney for the National Day long weekend in Sydney. Paid online via Qantas PayID system. Transaction went through with Qantas confirmation online but didn't receive the flight ticket. Called Qantas Service Desk a couple of times. They misguided me, saying it'd be better to launch a complaint via Customer Care to resolve the issue quicker. Once a complaint was filed, they changed tune, telling that this issue was with Customers Care and it would take 10 to 15 days to resolve. I hadn't received any refund after 15 working days.
The PayID payment failure happened to me twice by now.
If any rating lower than 1, I would like give Qantas 0.

1  Thank flower h
Reviewed 14 February 2024

Qantas has become awful since Covid, the lost all the service they had left from the customer service on the phone to the steward staff.
I booked an upgraded premium economy seat for my daughter and myself for the long Haul. This took years to accumulate this experience.
The reason was a medical one due to needing bilateral knee surgery.
When I arrive the seat was broken as well as the leg rest I required so not to get a DVT.
There were over 10 places available to move to, the steward said we would do so once we were in the air.
Before we could move they bought people up from economy and filled all seats.
I had someone in front of me that fully reclined. and my chair could not that literally locked me in my chair and my Tv screen was at navel height.
I never slept a wink and with unprofessional crew talking about their co workers it was the worst enviromentI have ever been in.
I love qantas. I have asked for a credit or something of value with y points back and they have declined.
I will have to take this further to media with my doctors certificate.
I should not have to talk about my disability.
Not cool qantas, answer your emails, complaint and get some perspective on your loyal customers.

Date of travel: July 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Tania W
Reviewed 13 February 2024

Not a good experience. First time on Qantas Business Class and it will be my last time with Qantas. Paid top dollar for Qantas Business Class and I expected a reasonable service and received very poor service.
In a past I have received a better service on economy class with other airlines,
We left Los Angeles (on 3rd February 2024)’ for a 15:55 hours flight to Melbourne Australia .after about 2 hours we received our first meal (qantas staff not helpful or friendly ) then for the next 12 hours we never heard from them or come around to see if we okay or need anything.
And one hour before landing in Melbourne we received our breakfast which I had to rush to finish up my breakfast it because was time to get the cabin ready for landing. The food was good but not enough I was still hungry after my meal and didn’t get a chance to ask for anything else because we needed to get ready for landing ,,
I am very disappointed with the whole experience , I did expect premium service after I paid premium price for my Business Class Seat
next time I’ll send my money with another airline and I’m sure I’ll get a better service
Dimi. From Melbourne. Australia

Date of travel: February 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Dumitru C
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.