“Disgusting”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 8 February 2024

Disgusted with this airline as my mum is disabled and she had a flight from nz to Sydney and then to south africa. We have asked for wheelchair assistance. Both in Sydney and South Africa the assistance refused to push her gossiping right in front of her saying they are not going to push her she is to fat she had to walk this is physicaly impossiblefor her as she can not walk with severe spinal injury. How disgusting are these employees my mum has a illness and does not deserve to be body shamed. Even worse in South Africa the exact same thing happend and my mum had to bribe (pay )the assistant to push her in the wheel chair. The Pilot had to comfort my mum as she was in a state when she eventually made it to the aircraft at Sydney. I don't know the pilots name but I do want to thank him for his emphaty for I'll and elders I highly appreciate your compassion. As for these so called assistance you are disgusting and have no heart. I don't know how you sleep at night. If any one has a elderly family member or disabled I highly recommend using a different airline.

Date of travel: December 2023
2  Thank Bianca1991Nov

Reviewed 7 February 2024

As usual the last flight of the day to Hobart is always delayed as they swap out the planes going to Sydney and Adelaide if they are running late. I’ve known it for years and finally the pilot admitted it on board in his announcement!

Flight was average - streaming entertainment and wifi is good, sausage roll meal and a bottle of wine.

I am tired of Qantas being late with no consequences to them. Time to bring in an EU-UK style penalty regime for air delays.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank wombatdavid
Reviewed 7 February 2024

The worst Airline to do business with. Their service centre staff are completely incompetent, i will go as far as to say they lied to me. MY historic experience with their cabin crew is that the are constantly tired women who really have no desire to work hard on customer service. Avoid this disappointing company at every opportunity.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank whitepointer
Reviewed 6 February 2024

I used to travel frequently with Qantas for both business and leisure, experiencing the usual delays that come with frequent flying, which never bothered me to much.

However, recently the onboard experience has declined and I've noticed a lack of available reward seats for my personal trips. Additionally, the convenient quick transfer tickets to regional airports via Sydney have been eliminated, resulting in significant wait times, often 3 hours or more in Sydney airport.

As a result, I now actively choose to avoid Qantas unless it's my only option. REX has become my preferred airline.

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank 190756SteveW
Reviewed 6 February 2024

Having bought a ticket as a Qantas Frequent Flyer I bought two tickets from Auckland to Melbourne.
I needed to cancel these tickets and looked on their website for advice. The website clearly stated ‘As a Qantas Frequent Flyer, you can cancel for any reason within 24 hrs of making your booking and we’ll waive the cancellation fee’. There were no asterisks or T&C warnings to make me think this statement wasn’t true, so I cancelled the flights.
Only to be charged a massive cancellation fee.
I lodged a complaint online and their answer was still ‘no’ as there were ‘hidden’ T&Cs apparently
Shame on you Qantas for not sticking to what your website says in clear black and white and duping the poor customer of their cash.
Shame, shame, shame!!!

Date of travel: January 2024
3  Thank Andrew P
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.