“Excellent Christmas service”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 2 January 2024

Cannot praise Qantas staff enough, with flights Adelaide return Melbourne. Checkin was smooth, staff helpful with requests for priority line up. Plane was punctual and baggage not lost. At a time when Qantas has negativity with service, I found that the ground and plane staff extremely efficient

Reviewed 30 December 2023

This flight was delayed due to a storm in Sydney but after that everything went smoothly and we seemed to pick up time. The crew were good although the person announcing needed to speak a little louder as he was hard to hear
The seats were comfy for the 1.5hour flight

Reviewed 30 December 2023

I have not flown with Qantas for many years. I was at one time a top-tier frequent flyer with Qantas and would go out of my way and pay a premium to fly with them. I have travelled in all classes with Qantas internationally over the years. However, I stopped flying with Qantas about 12 years ago because of degraded service levels delivered by rude arrogant crews. However, I needed to be in Bali for a couple of days recently and Qantas was the most suitable flight option with their A330-300 aircraft. Check-in and onboarding were not a problem. When I arrived at my economy seat, the meal tray was taped into the closed position with some stickers from the galley. I brought this to the attention of the crew. They seemed embarrassed and tried to seat me elsewhere but I was informed it was a full flight. Therefore, I had to eat my meal on a broken meal tray or my lap. This is a 6-hour flight. Not a good reintroduction to Qantas. The flight manager recorded my details and offered a $50 hotel voucher and told me it would arrive by email in a few days. I had low expectations of ever receiving the voucher. It has never arrived. Qantas are troubled airline and I will be staying clear of them in future. BTW, if Qantas are interested I am sure they can find me.

Reviewed 30 December 2023

Our daughter in law flew with a baby and toddler and treated terribly, by inconsiderate staff who couldn’t care less, she was unable to take double stroller to gate like the service REX provides and they stood and watched without offering assistance making her pull apart the pram whilst juggling a baby and toddler. Staff had the same attitude when she flew home to Melbourne from Sydney. Parents recommend you fly REX who know how to care for families allowing them to board first and take prams to gate and staff care.

Date of travel: November 2023
1  Thank Carjusripsing
Reviewed 29 December 2023

While we had not planned on flying with Qantas on our flight from Dallas to Sydney, American Airlines cancelled our flight and we were fortunately rebooked on Qantas. Our cancelled American flight was business class, while the best we could get on Qantas was premium economy. We found the flight attendants to be courteous, friendly and certainly helpful. While we were not in the Qantas frequent flyer program, they made us feel welcomed and appreciated. Even though there were available seats in the business class section of the plane we couldn't upgrade thus the four vs five star rating.

Obviously, Qantas has its share of complaints concerning cancelled flights and delays, but for me if I have a choice between Qantas and American its an easy decision.

Date of travel: October 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.