“Qantas is not Emirates ...........”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 30 March 2020

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Qantas Business Class (Gold member) but being an Emirates Gold member, everything they do is just better quality and departing from the Emirates Lounge instead of walking miles to the gate is the icing. Qantas lounges in London and Singapore appear smaller, therefore busier with queues for all food and drink. The top deck of Qantas A380 is mixed, Economy and Business and there is no lounge bar on a Qantas A380. That leads to greater queues for less lavatory facilities. There is no single seating option, so if you are travelling alone choose you seat carefully. I recommend Qantas business managers compare to see where they can improve quality right across every aspect. Had to queue for 30 minutes for a shower in the Changi lounge before travelling onto Brisbane so, everything was rushed. I think prices are comparable.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank Drumadd

Reviewed 28 March 2020 via mobile

Horrible experience during covid 19 travel restrictions. I had a one way ticket back from Australia to Singapore in Qantas and a one way ticket up from Singapore to Australia on Scoot. When the travel restrictions kicked in, I got an email confirmation from Scoot on the refund of travel credits. With Qantas , I have not gotten any email confirmation and what's worst is that my booking has now disappeared from their website. Their call centre agents speak condescendingly and very rudely.

I would strongly recommend not booking with Qantas despite their competitive prices as it has been a really terrible experience for my family and me.

3  Thank VarunKRai
Reviewed 28 March 2020

Cannot fault Qantas. Had the need to cancel my London >Melbourne flight for June 2020. Cancelled it on their website, received confirmation of cancellation along with explanation of the time frame to expect my refund, all within 24 hours. Refund in my bank exactly the day they advised. Good job Qantas. 😀

Reviewed 27 March 2020

I booked the airfare in December last year so I got the best opportunity to get a window seat as I had only been in middle or aisle seats previously and I wanted to take photos of the scenery as I left Western Australia and headed to Victoria, unfortunately I couldn't have any of the meal options provided but the staff were able to find me something suitable to eat which I was grateful for and after we landed in Melbourne I was able to get some photos of the plane which I had forgotten to do when I flew for the first time

1  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed 26 March 2020

Qantas using COVID-19 to gouge Australian passengers in their time of greatest need.
I am angered and disgusted with our so called ‘national carrier’ for profiteering from travellers’ fear and insecurity during the Coronavirus crisis.
In late February 2020, my wife and I set off from Sydney flying Qantas for a 6-week skiing holiday in Colorado.
Three weeks into our trip-of-a-lifetime on Saturday the 14th March, it was announced that all Colorado ski resorts would immediately close due to the fast spread of COVID-19.
Being seniors, we felt very concerned as news got worse with every passing hour. There was talk of a ban on domestic travel in the United States and reports of “Qantas to slash international capacity by 90 per cent from end of March” (our original flight was to return to Australia in April). The following morning a story in the SMH reported, The Department of Foreign Affairs advises “If you're already overseas and wish to return to Australia, we recommend you do so as soon as possible by commercial means”.
So, naturally, we decided we had to get out of America as soon as we could.
Obviously everyone else felt the same way - all Qantas contact systems in America crashed. There was no call-back service. We spent between 4 and 6 hours in phone queues on multiple occasions and trying various phone numbers. Each time we were unsuccessful: the phone line would drop out, or after 6 hours we would give up. And infuriatingly, the website was only useful for cancelling flights, not for changing flight dates. So for us, it was useless.
On Monday 16th after another 4-hour wait, we finally got through to Qantas on the phone only to find to our amazement that in this time of unprecedented crisis, Qantas had no compassion for our dire circumstances and only seemed intent on profiting from our precarious situation. We note that most of the American airlines introduced a policy to waive ticketing change fees. But not Qantas!
Qantas took advantage of our vulnerability to extort $5820 to change our ticket date. We simply needed to leave America ASAP before President Trump banned domestic travel which would have stranded us in Colorado indefinitely. We had no option but to accept this outrageous fee. To rub salt into our wounds, Qantas erroneously booked us onto a cancelled domestic AA flight from Denver to Dallas, which caused enormous stress and another 4-hour phone queue trying to get it sorted out. If I hear that crackling, distorted wait-music again, I will definitely scream.
And to top it all off... on the flight from Dallas to Sydney, Qantas lost our luggage in entirety, causing further delays and anxiety.

3  Thank Manofrheworld
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.