“Well ahead of the pack”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 10 July 2019

Recently returned to Hobart using Qantas.

The difference in airline service and the aircraft is very noticeable. Newer planes, with little bit more room and comfort. The flight attendants were very attentive always with a smile.

Upon arriving at Hobart, instead of the difficult steps to navigate Qantas has gentle sloping ramps. For those people who may have difficulty with mobility, these are a God send. Well done Qantas, I believe that following this gesture that the Hobart airport is buying three of the ramps for all flights to use.

Date of travel: July 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (19,826)

Reviewed 10 July 2019

I checked in online prior to the flight, and picked my seating and flight menu. Once I got to the Sydney International Airport, I used the Qantas baggage check-in and dropoff. This went particularly smoothly and the airport staff were very helpful.

We flew in an Airbus A380 and while a huge airplane, I found the seating very cramped. I’m glad I picked a window seat because it gave me a little more (side) room to stretch. The trade-off is that I had to time my trips to the lavatory because I had to climb over 3 other passengers. Life is all about compromise and if you can accept these, the flight is quite enjoyable.

The menu selections were very good and while the initial thought is “what small meals!” combined with drinks and snacks, the meals are very satisfying. I don’t think I was hungry until I got to Dallas Fort Worth International, Texas, where I was going to board a domestic flight to Tampa, Florida.

I made sure my layover time in Tampa was at least 4 hours because the formal procedures when you arrive at the first port-of-entry is quite rigorous. There were long queues at the Immigration, baggage claim, going through Customs to my luggage checked, re-checking my luggage for the domestic leg and making my way to the departure gate. By the time I was at the departure gate, I had only 50 minutes to spare until my next flight. So, make sure you plan your layovers well otherwise you’ll miss your connecting flights. Also, everyone is in the same boat as you so keep your cool. The long waits at security, Customs & Immigration are now standard experiences and to be expected. I would rather be safe than sorry !!!

Qantas and their partner American Airlines were very good. I would travel with them anytime.

Date of travel: June 2019
Reviewed 10 July 2019

I think Qantas has upped its game in the last few years. The staff are generally friendly and helpful and the food is of good standard, especially on the international sections. It is sad that ice creams are no longer given out on the long internal flights.
We had a long delay on the Sydney to Auckland section but to their credit Qantas SMS me in Cairns to let me know a delay was occurring so we were able to notify our taxi service in Auckland. One small stupidity on the part of Qantas was to have all the desks closed at Sydney international airport at the international connections area. We had a question and ended up going back upstairs to the business lounge to ask them.
We like the Airbus 330 as the seating plan gives us two seats together by the window. There also seems to be more and bigger toilets than the 737. In fact the 330 shows how small and cramped and not user friendly these smaller aircraft like the 737 really are.

Date of travel: June 2019
1  Thank William A
Reviewed 10 July 2019

Even though we were delayed the pilot had us in on time at Sydney
Food and service was great and no problems occurred on this fully booked flight

Date of travel: July 2019
Reviewed 10 July 2019

Excellent service,staff and helpful,.Food was very good.My concern is as always stopover.But connection at LA to NY was good no waisting time at the airport.Great trip

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.