“Punctuality plus. ”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not the most exciting trip, there and back to Kalgoorlie in a day. Therefore, being on time is a must. Both outgoing and return flights were spot on.
Service on board is with a smile. You even have chance for a cooked breakfast and coffee. Of course it is not going to be Haute Cuisine but more than adequate to start the day.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (15,131)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Returning home From Melbourne in the early morning on this flight with my 1 Yr old,

The plane was near and tidy
The food selection was not very nice and I did not eat anything as it’s a vegetarian option (Musli) or a pork or fish option. Although it seemed to be presented better than the virgin food and had hot bread etc of which I did eat.
I wish you were able to choose your meal Prior to flying like international business class options. I must remember to book a children’s meal for my little ones next time. We had a spare seat next to us which was perfect for my toddler to feel free and not constricted on my lap.
Service was ok, not amazing to be honest I think because I had a child Travelling with me they stayed well clear of me and we’re more attentive to the corporate type travellers.

We flew virgin business class on the way down, the menu options on virgin were nicer and the staff were also more accommodating however the plane was not as neat, clean tidy and new and the presentation of food etc was not as nice as qantas. The virgin staff offered to hold my little one while
I ate my dinner and take her for walks. They were really helpful, I really appreciated it.

I prefer to fly business class with little ones to ensure they have more room and we have more service. I don’t think I could rate qantas over virgin they are both very similar

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Albeit expensive, the experience, in terms of more room, in the seating and general space, was well worth it.
Economy (cattle class) is very tight, and if you are not the best traveller in the first place, can hinder your trip.
Overall, airline staff were good. Cabin crew met every need, and proper cutlery, as well as a welcome drink, make you a tad special. The amenity kit is scant, but i think all airlines have cut back somewhere.
The food choices were good. If not always available.
I found the in flight entertainment lacking. And if compared to my last flight with Turkish Airlines, inferior.
I will fly Qantas again. I feel “safe” in their hands, which is a HUGE factor for me.
I rate them ‘good’ but there is no tab in between.

1  Thank SimeonW27
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took the punt to upgrade to Business using points. Well worth the points used as it made the over night flight home very comfortable. Kids were in Premium economy and they enjoyed the extra space and service.
Crew could not have been more friendly or provide a better service.
Didn't eat much as did that with the excellent menu and food and beverages available at QANTAS club Hong Kong. The best I have seen it traveling extensively.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the experience of using QANTAS WIFI on this domestic trip partnered with the QANTAS Entertainment app. Definitely helped speed up the trip. Speed was excellent and managed to wach the cricket streaming live with no delays. Entertainment on the app was excellent and watched a movie as well with no drop outs. Great for families although I would recommend that you ensure your device’s battery is fully charged or you have a battery pack as there is no way to charge on the plane – would be a great idea for the older 737-800s.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)