“Good except food”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our third flight in Business Class and it compared favourably with the two flights with Emirates except in quality and choice of food. I will concentrate on the lamentable choice. For first course 1) salad of smoked salmon or 2) sweet potato soup. By row 5, only the soup was available! For Main course: 1) Sweet potato soup (again?!) with poached chicken; 2) roast carrots, couscous, boiled egg; 3) pork roll; 4) grilled prawns with egg fried rice. Seat 5E was denied the only reasonable option i.e. the prawns.
Qantas are generous with wines (but why champagne instead of an Australian sparkling wine?). I would suggest Qantas put at least as much effort into the food. I wonder if people in rows behind us were merely offered soup followed by soup or, even worse, be offered nothing at all, as reported in an earlier TripAdvisor review!
This is all rather trivial when one considers everything that was right: we travelled safely, comfortably and arrived on time. Perhaps even more miraculously, our suitcases arrived on the luggage carousel after three flights across the world.

1  Thank Amandajgj
Write a ReviewReviews (14,176)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Talk about cheap and nasty! Why does one pay more for a seat on a plane with your own screen for games, a USB port and a cool pleasant aircraft, only to get an old bomb with no screen, no ports, it was hot, and surprise we were packed in so tight I had to cross my arms over my chest for the flight because people both sides of me were big in a tightly packed overcrowded plane. Really disappointed in Qantas in our case we might as well have flown Jetstar and got the same service but cheaper. On top of all that Qantas didn’t regulate the amount of people that are greedily bringing 3 to 4 bags on board and therefor taking your space in overhead baggage sections that your ticket paid for. My bag had to go under my seat so I had limited leg room as the flight attendant told me at least 8 rows of overhead luggage was full and Could I put mine under my seat, excuse me but I didn’t even board with a cabin bag, yet others who paid the same price as me got to pinch my hand bag space. Over it!

1  Thank Alanna G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots of passengers on this flight had emergency booked from a cancelled TigerAir flight. QANTAS staff and aircrew very compassionate, helpful, respectful and understanding of the situation. Excellent service which has created lots of goodwill and won back new and return customers after a disgraceful budget airline experience.
In contrast, pleasure to board this modern, well maintained aircraft which smelt clean and toilet was clean.
Aircraft delayed 12 minutes while the infotainment was fixed but still arrived on schedule. QANTAS pilots are highly skilled and experienced. Landing was very smooth.
Better to pay a few extra dollars and fly with the best because cheap ends up being more expensive.
Flying QANTAS is now my preferred option for domestic travel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Its been nearly 20years since I have flown with QANTAS internationally and if I never flew with them again I wouldn't be disappointed. I found the entertainment selection very poor. Geared to younger custmers really. Presentation of the meal was comparable to prisoner type food trays. Plastic food compartment. Other airlines present the meal on a tray with separate dishes holding the different courses. Plastic cutlery, please!!! Other airlines give you metal cutlery, and a refresher towel-not Qantas. Dark upholstery on seats made the interior very dingy.

2  Thank Kaye T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very long flight on time departure. As usual food and checked in bags included.
Meals served were a good size and tasty. Snacks and water available (help yourself or offered by crew) during the night.
Try to avoid the last few rows in economy as passengers are getting snacks or going to restrooms.

Date of travel: October 2018