“Best premium economy”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We flew premium economy on the A380 and had seats in the front row by the baulkhead (where the bassinets are if babies are flying). I have previously flown premium economy with other competitor airlines, most recently Cathay Pacific. Qantas’ premium economy is by far a superior product. Whilst the seat space and entertainment are comparable to other airlines, the food, service, blankets and headphones were much better. It is a nice and appreciated touch that the superior food in premium economy extends to the kids’ meals too. The cabin is small and upstairs on the A380.

Write a ReviewReviews (12,211)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my second time flying Qantas and there was a bit different on their service regarding the food they provided. Perhaps because I flew from Jakarta to Sydney, all meals served on board did not contain pork or alcohol products (as stated on leaflet provided). Quite different when I flew from Singapore to Sydney. Talking about quality of aircraft and service of crews (including entertainment), I think everything was very good. I enjoyed the 7 hours flight, boarded and landed on time.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I always fly Qantas as they always take of their passengers. I will pay more for a flight just so I fly Qantas.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I always fly with Qantas whether it is domestic or international, but this was my first time flying on the Dreamliner, and what an experience!!!
I flew economy and the seats were very comfortable (even for 15 hours!) with what seemed to be a decent seat pitch, the food was excellent and the entertainment options were fantastic. This aircraft is very large and in no means do you feel squished or terribly uncomfortable.

As standard with all long haul flights you receive a blanket and pillow and an amenity pack that contains eye mask, toothbrush, toothpaste and ear plugs. They also have pens for filling out arrival cards.

The flight was very smooth and not noisy. The windows dim rather than having a shutter.

The Qantas staff, as always, were fantastic and catered to everybody’s needs in a polite, professional and friendly manner. They are happy to have a laugh and a joke and make the whole flying experience typically Australian. And as an Australian, I love that. To step onto an aircraft with those familiar accents and sense of humour after travelling a foreign country is truly refreshing.

I managed to sleep 8-9 of the 15 hours and staff members had saved my snacks that I had slept through, to offer me once I was awake.

Overall this was by far the best international flight I have ever taken and I highly recommend flying Qantas, it’s the spirit of Australia.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
1  Thank Ellen T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wherever possible I always fly Qantas, they always try to accommodate you, where possible and the cabin crew and land staff have to be one of the best! As I sometimes suffer from migraines they have been very caring whenever these have hit me on one of their flights and really looked after me. When I tore a ligament in my knee they organised to get me home and was provided with assistance to get me on and off the plane! Go Qantas!