“A nightmare from start to end”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This flight was operated for LATAM LA806. The delay departing from Sydney was in excess of six hours due to a mechanical problem. I will not complain about this, because I rather travel safe. However, what followed was a terrible experience. Due to the delay all connecting flight to Buenos Aires had departed or had not seat available. Arriving in Santiago, I had to stand in line for 3 hours plus to finally obtain a flight the next day. For the boarding pass I had to wait another 1/2 hour. I also received a hotel voucher and a $30 meal voucher to be used in that hotel. In order to reach the hotel I had to purchase the visa for entering Chile USD117. For the meal voucher I could just purchase a naked steak and had to pay extra. The flight the next morning was out of schedule and therefore it did not have a departure gate. This cause another two hours delay, standing in queues. Customer Non Service of Qantas asked me for all documentation to prove my claim for a refund of the visa fee, only to refuse reimbursing me.

Also, the food they served I would not give to my dog. The breakfast was disgusting and the fruit served with the dinner and breakfast was not ripe and rock hard.

This definitely was an APRIL FOOLS DAY ADVANTURE.

2  Thank argautoaster
Write a ReviewReviews (11,784)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Well this was not what I had expected.
Service on this flight, well lets just say there was none.
Dinner served, lights out and see you for Breakfast. Nobody around to serve drinks or water or even offering light refreshments. Complained to Qantas and had no response whatsoever.
I am a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have been a Club member in the past, but this flight leg is the worst I have ever encountered. Get it together Qantas it's not that hard.

1  Thank mgray1988
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My preferred airline is QANTAS, I find I get used to one airline and it helps build points, this trip was disappointing as the seat screens were not working or the streamed inflight entertainment - it took over two hours to finally get an accurate response on the status of the system. I said “the entertainment is still not working” after asking several times.
The response I eventually received was “No, it’s not” as the stewardess walked off.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flew from Sydney to Melbourne after our cruise. Was only several minutes late but the first flight in the other direction was a half hour late. Provided with a quiche for lunch - was actually not bad but a very small lunch. Where are the screens now - had miniscule drop down sets that were almost unwatchable. Listened to static affected comedy on headphones. Was an old 737 with miniscule seats & legs hitting the seat in front. Could not fold up my isle arm rest so was super hard to exit or entry. Why do they make this so uncomfortable?

1  Thank Laurie S
Reviewed 6 April 2018

737 should not be used on flights over 3 hours and especially not on Interantional travel. They is hardly any leg room in Economy. There are only 2 toilets at the rear of the plane which is not enough, especially when the plane is full. The Galley is small and located near the toiltes. This makes it very difficult for staff to serve customers as they have to push past passengers waithing to use the bathroom.
I fly Qantas fairly frequently but these planes are not good enough.

2  Thank Allistra