“Excellent”
Review of Qantas

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always easy and comfortable. Qantas is our airline of choice and we will continue to fly with qantas.

1  Thank Advancedskinspa
Write a ReviewReviews (7,874)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I flew QF10 From London Heathrow to Melbourne with a 2 hour stopover in Dubai. I was seated in a window seat on the upper deck of the A380. The meals on all flights were pretty average. The crew on the first leg of the flight were very attentive and friendly, they came and introduced themselves and told us they had snacks, drinks and amenities set up in the galley at the back of the plane. The crew on the second flight were not as attentive and they seemed more intresed in talking to their collegages down the back of the plane then engageing themselves with us. I am a bit dissaponted with Qantas as i have seen there service standards dropping over the years. They serve the main meals on a plastic plate no tray with chesse and biscuts and choclates. There is strong compertion on this route from the gulf carriers and SIA. I would go for Emirates over Qantas on this flight. Qantas legroom is satisfactory.

1  Thank neddlesb
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This would have been 3 stars had I gotten a response back from their customer service. But two emails, two confirmations of receiving them, two promises to respond back, two months later and still nothing! So time for a review...
Let me start off by saying how excited we were to travel on this airline for we had only heard good things. But what started off great, quickly turned into one shocking experience after another.

On our initial departure from Shanghai to Sydney everything went smoothly other than the meals. I ordered fish and that was all that was ever given to me, a piece of fish on a plate. No bread or salad was ever offered or given and no sooner had I started to eat, I was asked would I like dessert?! Confused by such an inquiry after I had just gotten served my meal, I said no. Once I finished, my plate was taken away and I was never asked again if I wanted anything else for the entire duration of the flight.

We needed to fill out menus for breakfast, but when mine was served there was not one item on it that I had ordered. Not wanting to waste, I attempted to eat the eggs placed in front of me, but they were uneatable.

The next disappointment came on our flight from Sydney to Melbourne and having to use a bathroom in business class that didn't have any toilet paper and a service attendant that initially pointed me to the bathroom in coach as I attempted to use the business class bathroom! Not only that, when it came time to deboard the plane, the same attendant stepped in front of me, stopping me from exiting the plane so that ALL the passengers at the front section of business class could exit first! Se even made me wait while some were gathering their belongings still and not yet ready to leave. It was only when they were ALL gone, that she stepped aside allowing me, who was also a business class customer, to exit.

Our flight from Melbourne to Hobart was also quite frustrating and stressful. Hearing over the speakers that there was a delay, yet seeing on the board everything was on time. Hearing over the speaker it was canceled and yet again seeing on the board everything was on time. We spent over 6 hours waiting and lost an entire days visit to Hobart.

On our flight from Hobart to Sydney we were given coach seats and were told to contact the airline if we wanted a refund. We tried to call without any success and emailed twice never getting a response.

We splurged on this trip for it was our 34th anniversary and in almost every we way felt unappreciated. To try and leave on a good note, what I will say is the staff is quite personable and friendly, something we grew to love about Australia. We love the Qantas pajamas and that beverages are served in glass! But other than that, customer service was and remains nonexistent.

1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had to suddenly fly to Rockhampton, alone, for my Uncle's funeral. Was feeling nervous, sad, and an outright emotional mess. Handing across my boarding pass, when the crew member asked me how my weekend had been, and if I was flying home. He was so friendly & sincere I found myself briefly telling him the reason for my flight. John I think, (am so sorry if I have your name wrong) was instantly alert and concerned. He quickly reassured me, if I needed to talk during the flight, to call him. I nearly burst into tears right there & then. Though his concern didn't stop there. During the flight he purposely came up and had a chat. Even talking about his family (married, one child & lots of beloved Uncles - hope that helps you find out if his name was John, and to reward him for his amazing behaviour). It was due to his genuine concern that I managed to 'keep it together' during the long flight. Thank you!
Also want to say, PROUD TO BE AN AUSTRALIAN, when the airline I fly serves such incredibly delicious Australian tucker...yoghurt (and its variations) was the best I've ever tasted...and certainly beats the 'rubber omelettes' once passing as breakfast on planes. The other food served (over 4 flights) also made me proud of our 'flying kangaroo!'
By stocking local foods, your airline makes a difference to so many small companies within our beautiful country Qantas.
Also thanks for training/employing a class of stewards as John. Don't care how cheap the competition goes, or what they offer...Qantas beats them all hands down!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Courtesy of a new tech watch i was able to track just how hot and uncomfortable the flight was yesterday.

32.2 celsius in the cabin with no air con for the entire flight ... nice. Sitting on the tarmac for 30 mins in that heat with no air. Pretty sure if you left kids or a dog in a car that mirror these circumstances you get into trouble with the law !

2  Thank Stewart H