“Convenient and Economical Bare-Bones Flight”
Review of Norwegian

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This NYC-area flight originated at Steward Airport. For anyone living north of NYC or in upstate NY, this airport is a very convenient alternative to the NYC airports. It is a small and outdated, yet very manageable and accessible airport. Flying out of Stewart, Norwegian is a very convenient and economical choice for flying into Shannon (and other destinations in Western Europe). To Shannon they fly a fleet of brand new, 737 MAX aircraft which are clean and adequately comfortable. The convenience of Stewart, the availability of low fares, and the new airplanes were the positives of this Norwegian flight.
There were also some aspects of Norwegian that were negative, as well as some policies that potential customers simply ought to know about. Absolute negatives were a lack of legroom in standard economy and a lack of WiFi on the plane-be sure to bring your own entertainment, whatever that might be. Beyond those, be aware that the lowest prices advertised do NOT include prior choice of seat assignment, a checked bag, food, or drink. For an extra fee I was able to pick my seat (including the exit aisles with better legroom), check one bag, and obtain meals (sort of one-and-a-half meals on this red-eye flight, and pretty mediocre food). You can pay extra for these things as a package, or pay individually for the upgrades you want; my package cost an extra $70 each way, per person (i.e., $280 extra for two of us, for the entire trip) and paying for selected options individually can cost even more, so be careful. If I take this trip again, I am trying to figure out how I can get my luggage down to a weight that I can carry on (two carry-ons are allowed without charge, but the total weight limit is just 10 kg = 22 lbs. With Norwegian's pricing policies, if you need to check a bag you are pushed towards the options package). To illustrate how serious Norwegian is about what you are entitled to have with your fare, I asked my flight attendant for a glass of water some time after finishing the meal I had actually paid for, during a beverage service. I was told that they were now only serving drinks for an extra charge, but if I wanted a free cup of water I could wait until the service was over, go to the front of the cabin, and request it from an attendant at that time. Lesson here again is, if you want the lowest fare, be sure to bring your own food and don't forget to buy your own water after going through security.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank blkw8
Write a ReviewReviews (17,613)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Plenty of leg room. Attentive flight crew. Reasonably priced drinks. We pre-ordered meals which were very good for airline food. great trip!

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have flown with all the airlines and no one beats norweign only down side is not many movies to choose from

1  Thank chryslerLondon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked with Norwegian Airlines since they offered a direct flight to Amsterdam only to be delayed 12 hours. We were about to lose an entire day on our vacation so we booked a last minute ticket with Wow Air instead since they offered a refund. By the way, only an airline that knew they couldn't deliver would offer that so willingly. Anyways, I submitted a request for a refund and after I returned from my trip to check in on the status, they said they never received the request. The live chat person was absolutely no help as he made me submit the request again and even though I still received no confirmation, he was unable to help me. I would say, believe every single bad review on here. I wish I had chosen to heed their advice because it was so spot on. Never booking with Norwegian ever again.

2  Thank tinathedragon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A comfortable 11hour trip on a dreamy airplane! Lots of legroom and amenities in Premium Class at an excellent price. It’s a nonstop flight to either Madrid or Barcelona but unfortunately it’s one stop in Oslo on the way back to LAX.