“Pathetic for a national carrier”
Review of Malaysia Airlines

Where do I even start...

I know MAS have two configuration of 737s, one primarily used for domestic routes (the older bare bones version; with no Boeing Sky Interior; no IFE etc) and newer models for regional and international routes (with Boeing Sky Interior, IFE - basically all the works).

Imagine my surprise when boarding the 2-hour flight home from Bangkok, only to find out it was on the older configuration.

Fine, I guess - but if I'm not going to get IFE I might as well fly on a budget carrier with the price I'm paying and get all the add-ons.

Also - I've flown on "old" planes but this is probably one of the worst ever - shaky hand rests, and a filthily dirty aircraft. Forget about stains on the seats and meal table and scratchy windows - this plane (9M-MLJ) had dust bunnies in between the window panes!

1  Thank mhmuh4
Write a ReviewReviews (3,738)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

My return flight was smooth and on time. No delay and the in flight service was good, the food was various, i liked a lot the salty peanut.
This is my first time experience flight with Malaysian Airlines and all doubts have gone when the hospitality of flight attendances were good.
I'll recommend you to choose Malaysian Airlines, affordable cost with good hospitality and service.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Their meals are even worst than budget airline. It is really not good presentable. And, they never consider of adults/children who can't take spicy food. Always spicy..since I'm frequent traveller, you can already know, what is on the menu today: chicken with rice or noodle or fish with rice or noodle...really so pathetic! they should being creative in their menu since this is not budget airline.

1  Thank josiew30
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Will never fly Malaysian Airlines ever again. 3 hour delay In adelaide, followed by terrible aircraft service with only toilets servicable on the starboard side of the aircraft. Arrived at KL to catch our connecting flight to phuket. More of the same on the next flight. Arrive at phuket without our check in luggage. Said they will drop it off at our resort tomorrow as the next flight was the next day. Day 2 only one of our bags arrive, now we get to wait another day.. I hate you malaysian airlines.

1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Flew with my family of four. Service, food and beverage were all to a good standard. Nothing exceptional but nothing to fault either. Would use airline again.