“Lufthansa shows that economy flights don't have to be grueling and/or gruesome.”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our original flight was on United Airlines but was code share changed to Lufthansa. Such a good experience when compared with several other long distance economy flights we've taken. The service was courteous and personable. The seats were only a smidge larger than normal but seemed to be much more comfortable and had a little more leg room. The food was above the normal economy grade in flavor and presentation. We were given plenty of snacks, drinks, dinner, refreshments, breakfast and good coffee. In addition, there were lots of entertainment offers, new and old movies, games, music and TV shows. The plane configuration was two seats/three seats/two seats wide which is a great layout for long legged people on a budget.
We would fly Lufthansa again.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (25,336)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very pleasant flights, both on time, very comfortable, nice and cheerful crew. Just wish the sandwiches were not made with German bread!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First flight on a Boeing 747-8 of Lufthansa. The staff is very friendly and professional. Before departure you were offered a glass of sparkling wine.

At cruising altitude the 3 course menu began with seared scallop and shrimp with a Japanese dressing, followed by a salad and the beef with mashed potato. The beef was not that good, it was very dry. But the rest of the menu was quite good. The wine selection is excellent, I really enjoyed the German Riesling.

The seats are comfortable but it was a bit hard in full flat mode.

Entertainment system is modern and has a good selection of new movies. I also liked the flightcam view, quite awesome to follow when taking off!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always travel with Lufhansa on my private trips, fully recommended. Nice service, i trust that company, even if there are most of the time delays but due to traffic. I always prefer this company like the nr 1 in Europe

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

i flew from nairobi to frankfurt on my way home to toronto. i bought my ticket for business class. the seats we two together like the old days. i wasn’t used to having a close neighbor in this class. once seated i was offered a drink. a man then came over to offer me another drink and i asked for water which i never got. i slept for most of the flight but when i walk up i asked for a cappuccino he brought me an expresso when i said no i wanted a cappuccino he said they don’t have them? i asked for a regular coffee which he did bring but was cold. he never asked me if i wanted another. breakfast was being served and what they were serving was meat and i’m a vegetarian and then i asked him if i ordered a special meal?! he had no clue which again surprised me. he came with the meal which looked so unappealing that i couldn’t look at it let alone eat it. it looked like dogs barf to be blunt.. how could any chef put a plate together like that in any form whether in a restaurant or plane is beyond me. this was the first time that no one including him came to me to offer anything else especially knowing i didn’t eat the first meal they served. he never offers me a hot towel! the service was an economical service.there are so many other things but this is getting long! i truly don’t think lufthansa belongs in the star alliance group any more. they were inc of the best and now one of the worst! never ever again!!!