“Flight delayed due to change of aircraft”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Third and final leg of trip from Sydney, Australia. Boarding was very efficient and flight was good although it was delayed due to a swap of aircraft.
Air crew were very good.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (25,462)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was on the flight LH501 from Rio de Janeiro Galeao to Frankfurt on 13th of November. I noticed that the boarding was done in order, so that the back of the plane was filled first to avoid unncessary trafic jam on the narrow isles of the plane. This is not much, but if it is done the other way, you know the result and want dearly avoid it during a 24-hour trip. My seat was ok, although during the flight I recall thinking about never taking such a long flight ever. I liked the crew, they were polite and friendly. I skipped the food for precaution, because I did not want to upset my tummy. I was a little bit adventurous in Rio, so nothing to do with Lufthansa. However I noticed that a young brazilian couple sitting on my side, seemed to enjoy the food. They were served a meal after the ascent and a breakfast before the descent.
Lufthansa had arranged transfer guidance at the gate exit at Frankfurt. I did not really need it, but I decided use it anyway. I got a friendly reassurance that I was going the right way. I had a similar experience on the way to Rio de Janeiro, except that time I was given an advice to hurry, because the transit walk was very long.
My overall impression of Lufthansa is good. As a side note, I liked Galeao aiport a lot.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Feels like the security does not trust their system. First you pass a security control when you enter the airport, then another when you enter the departure area, then in to the the waiting area at the gate and the a second one inside the gate. What is this? Can’t you just do it right at the first check?

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Review collected in partnership with Sky-tours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew to South Africa recently with Lufthansa. To be honest as its a German company I expected it to be top quality I was mistaken. The plane was on time and an uneventful flight. However the leg room was ridiculously small especially for such a long journey. Also the meal served which was only pasta in tomato sauce was so dried out it was inedible. Bring back British Airways of old!!!

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Mexico to Munich. A350-900 new aircraft it sounded promising.
First problem is the seat selection map was misleading. Row 7 showed as as row in front cabin ahead of the gallery whereas it is in the front row of a 2 row business section squeezed between the galley and economy.
Therefore very noisy and busy all the time with crew walking in and out constantly AND a fair number of people from economy pushing through the curtain to use the business class bathrooms not being discouraged by the crew.

Well, the good things....food was quite nice and the flight attendants helpful an pleasant.

The worst thing are the seats. It's about a bad as BA Club World if that was possible.
Seats are 2-2-2 in this not very wide aircraft so the seats are small and narrow and angled. They seat design is terrible as everyone is lying totally exposed with no element of privacy at all and working would be almost impossible. There are no pop up dividers between the seats so let's hop you get a nice neighbour because you are going to be in very close proximity for the next 10 or 12 hours.

The seats are light weight and as people walk past on the thin flooring the seats move so every time anyone goes past you are disturbed. The narrow seats are hard and uncomfortable even with the 'mattress' they supply which is very thin.

Whoever decided to fit these seats clearly never paid to sit in one for 10 hours, they are a design car crash incorporating nearly every feature that people have been complaining about in business class cabins for years.

My outbound trip on Aeromexico business was
hugely better 1-2-1 787-9 really just as good as BA give you in 1st now.

Moral of the story....Unless you really hate yourself do not buy a ticket on Lufthansa A350 business class....its a very disappointing waste of money.

I can't imagine who in Lufthansa was responsible for choosing this layout and these seats however I have a fair idea that it was a bean counter.

1  Thank Roger8218