“Eight hours X2 in the new seats from hell; while being packed in like Sardines in a small can.”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew on Lufthansa on the Transatlantic flight from Philadelphia to Frankfurt followed by our return 8 days later. Our plane was brand new, unfortunately the seats were brand new too. I guess they used the new dense foam seating material designed to save space and weight. We were quite unhappy to learn that they were not designed for our comfort on these long, tortuous flights. They were hard and rigid, almost like sitting on an non-padded wooden chair. I think all the Lufthansa execs should have an opportunity to try them in each direction ---- the designers and purchasing agents should be made to travel both ways in them for a week!!
Other than the seat discomfort the service was good, as always ---- they just need to lose the new seats and not try to fit passengers into economy like sardines packed into a small can.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (24,997)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lufthansa is using their Star Alliance partners for some of their flights in this case Brussels Airlines. I booked with Lufthansa not with Brussels Airlines. This Airlines' service resembles more to the Cheap Flight Airliners, serving no meal not even a coffee for a three hour trip, Shame on Lufthansa choosing these Alliance Partners

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a very nice flight. The service and seats were excellent. The meal was good.overall, a nice way for a long trip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review concerns only their booking. I booked 3 months ahead of my trip, I paid, and they confirmed everything. One month later I got an email saying that part of my trip had been cancelled: I should call them. I did, and they claimed that one leg of my trip - operated by their Star Alliance partner SAS - had been cancelled. I checked, and it hadn't been cancelled. Lufthansa claimed this was a "technical issue" and offered me an alternative flight with a 12 hour wait. I rejected this, so they offered me a flight with an extra 5-hour wait. I reluctantly accepted this, as I needed to get home.

Well, two days later I got a new email from Lufthansa, saying another leg of my trip had been changed. They offered me an extra 5 hour wait, even though I could see that there was an earlier flight run by their partner, SAS. They refused to book me on this earlier flight.

At this point I told them I wanted my money back. They agreed to this - of course - and sent me an email confirming this. But without mentioning how or when they would refund my money.

I should add that my wife experienced a similar treatment from Lufthansa about 6 months ago. They changed a confirmed flight at the last moment causing a longer flight time and meaning she had to take an extra day off work.

I have complained to Lufthansa about my experience, but have received no reply.

What a terrible airline! I will never fly with them again.

2  Thank DonDan666
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The cabin staff were very attentive. The seats are comfortable. We could never figure out how to get a movie.