“A retirement gift”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a very nice flight. The service and seats were excellent. The meal was good.overall, a nice way for a long trip.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (24,997)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review concerns only their booking. I booked 3 months ahead of my trip, I paid, and they confirmed everything. One month later I got an email saying that part of my trip had been cancelled: I should call them. I did, and they claimed that one leg of my trip - operated by their Star Alliance partner SAS - had been cancelled. I checked, and it hadn't been cancelled. Lufthansa claimed this was a "technical issue" and offered me an alternative flight with a 12 hour wait. I rejected this, so they offered me a flight with an extra 5-hour wait. I reluctantly accepted this, as I needed to get home.

Well, two days later I got a new email from Lufthansa, saying another leg of my trip had been changed. They offered me an extra 5 hour wait, even though I could see that there was an earlier flight run by their partner, SAS. They refused to book me on this earlier flight.

At this point I told them I wanted my money back. They agreed to this - of course - and sent me an email confirming this. But without mentioning how or when they would refund my money.

I should add that my wife experienced a similar treatment from Lufthansa about 6 months ago. They changed a confirmed flight at the last moment causing a longer flight time and meaning she had to take an extra day off work.

I have complained to Lufthansa about my experience, but have received no reply.

What a terrible airline! I will never fly with them again.

2  Thank DonDan666
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The cabin staff were very attentive. The seats are comfortable. We could never figure out how to get a movie.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fast and efficient check-in, friendly staff
Flight was on time and arrived on time.
I requested an aisle seat but was put in the middle seat. It turned out okay in the end as the person on the aisle switched to my husband's window seat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The high point of Lufthansa si the food, great meals, great service, they know how to make you feel comfortable in any flight, but the only problem is they are never on time.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money