“Nice way to cross the Atlantic”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I am an average traveler that because of work has traveled to Germany 4 times with 3 different airlines, to be honest this has been the best.
Flight attendants are kind and they always do their best to keep you comfortable.
Quality of food and variety is better than the US based airlines.
Entertainment is good, they have good choices even for kids.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (25,016)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We flew Air Canada from Calgary to Frankfurt. Ho hum service (dinner was cold by the time the wine cart came...for the first time). Got on a Lufthansa short haul from Frankfurt to Manchester and as soon as the plane was at cruising altitude the food (lovely sandwich) and drinks were being served (imagine a free beer on a short haul flight or even a sandwich...doesn't happen in North America). Same on our return flight to Munich. Then we boarded a Lufthansa long haul to Vancouver. Super service. A drink before dinner, drinks with dinner and a dinner that was superb and came with metal cutlery rather than flexible plastic. How can the European and Asian Airlines offer such great service and North American Airlines cannot. Congrats Lufthansa!!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Used the Lufthansa lounge after security and had a quick snack and grabbed a newspaper. Quick 1 hour 15 minute flight on Lufthansa in Business Class. There were only 2 passengers including myself for the 9 business class seats on the Airbus 320. Service was efficient - food was a cold cheese platter. Asked for a pillow and no problems. Took a 30 minute nap and arrived relaxed.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our first time on Lufthansa. Since Business Class was totally unaffordable (and already booked seven months in advance), we decided to try Premium Economy and it was a good choice. The cabin has only 28 seats and they are roomier than Economy. They recline a bit more, too. Electronics are upgraded as is the menu includes complimentary beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. We received an amenity bag with the essentials, a pillow, blanket and bottle of water. The crew was very accommodating. If I compare this Transatlantic flight with the United and American flights I took in the last two years, this experience was far superior. This is not a 5-star review just because it is a pricey upgrade and I would have preferred a steeper recline of the seat. Overall, we arrived in good shape!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The airport is a disaster. We parked in the outer field dumped off at the terminal which was crowded. Not signs to explain where to go, no board with flights. Finally found my to the gate. Three very officious looking airport staff took issue with my luggage which so far had travelled from Toronto to Frankfurt, to Almaty, to Istanbul with no issues raised. So you will not I will debate started in the end I won. The loaded 30 minutes late and taxied close to 1 hour due to congestion. My connection was in jeopardy told not to worry ground staff would look after. We arrived and my flight was in different terminal they said I could make the flight arrived at the gate it had just pulled away. The staff at the gate said go to the office which I did and it was closed. So standing in the middle of the ticket area I was on my own. Called back to my travel agency luckily still open and in 15 minutes new flight then next day and a room in the airport hotel no thanks to LH or AC. Still waiting my hotel reimbursement.