“Good Flight”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the first time I would be flying on an Airbus A380-800 airplane. I picked Luthansa for their good reputation in the airline business. I was pretty excited at the thought of flying with this airline again. I checked Flightview.com for this flight’s record of punctuality every now and then, ok I checked it almost daily several weeks before the date of our flight and was glad that this particular flight left generally on time.

We checked in online 24 hours before our flight. At the airport there were 2 queues for the Lufthansa Economy Class check in. One was for those who did not check in online, and a faster, prioritized bag drop-off Economy Class line for those who had checked in online prior coming to the airport.

The boarding gate area at SFO’s International Terminal was pretty crowded, but I guess it’s not the airlines’ fault. Boarding was orderly and on time. Plane actually left the gate five minutes early. Cabin crew were professional, courteous and helpful. I paid extra for bulkhead seats in Economy Class, specifically on the right side of the A380. Take off was towards the Pacific Ocean, then this giant plane turned right towards the beautiful city of San Francisco. Thankfully it was a fogless day the day when we flew and I saw the neighborhood where I live in northern San Mateo County, while I was sitting on the right side of the plane!

There was more than adequate legroom in our bulkhead seats, and seat comfort is what you’ll expect in Economy Class, need I say more? In flight entertainment content was slightly better than average at best, as compared to Asian airlines I’ve flown in the past. Dinner served was surprisingly good for an economy class meal. Water and juice offered several times during the flight. A hot breakfast served before landing, there was nothing to write home about. Lavatories were clean at the beginning of the flight, and lavatory condition was not too bad when I used one of the lavatories a couple of hours before landing. I enjoyed a spectacular view of the German landscape as we circled Frankfurt International Airport prior to landing. Landing was smooth and on time. I paid a fair price for my airline ticket, and I expected a fair service and I got it. I will gladly choose Luthansa Airlines again.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank 317elwynm
Write a ReviewReviews (24,349)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This flight offered the best available price to meet my needs. Thankfully, it was also clean, comfortable, on time and efficient.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked to fly to the US from Cairo via Frankfurt on 2/08/18, the supposedly BUSINESS class from Cairo to Frankfurt which was at 4am was appalling, horrendous! Does not even qualify as a 'low cost' seats, and Lufthansa actually charges and sells these seats as Business Class..Have tried several times to contact customer service of the airlines and they DO NOT even care enough to respond. This is considered one of the best airlines in the world???? Shameful and a complete SCAM to paying travellers when there are other choices.
Hope other travellers are forewarned...

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
1  Thank PREMA S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve been forced to fly a lot with budget airlines the last few years. It was refreshing to fly again with a proper airline with proper service and proper seats. Despite the all-nighters, our flights were very pleasant.
Extra care was given to families wth young children like ours.
Wonderful crew. Inflight WiFi for a reasonable charge.
One of our suitcases was damaged during our return flight and we were very pleased with the handling of the case- though it did take much longer than it should.

1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We bought business tickets from this airlines and would never do it again! First of all no difference from economic class in terms of seats etc...not enough space. when we landed in Frankfurt they didn't call business and 1st class 1st. They asked us to follow the same line and when I got upset one of the staff told me we should have got on the 1st bus so we would be 1st. Then she said when we get in front of the plane we will be divided into priority and economic queues, never happened.
Then on the way back they have run out of economic places so took some from business class and last minute changed our sits so we had to sit in a different places not together! When you tell them" never will use this airlines again " n instead of apologising one of the cabin crew told us laughing "it's your choice". Absolutely ridiculous don t waste your money it's nothing different to economic class! They not designed to provide business class service!!!!

1  Thank Joanna Z