“The Crew is the key...”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Well, flying Business Class is usually great. However, comparing with other airlines I face quite a range between excellent crews or rude staff. However, my last LH flight was a beauty, since all the team members have done a great job and I was really satisfied. I had 3K which is not the seat with the biggest space you can get. On the other hand side you have a perfect view and it is very cozy in this compartment of the plane...

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (24,370)

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Great Flight in the A380 with a great Business Class Service.
I was on a business trip heading towards to LA and did decide to fly with Lufthansa. THis was a very good decision as the service on ground as well during the flight was very good. I definitely will fly again with Lufhansa and will recommend.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

The flight was on a Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental aircraft, a beautiful airplane. The business class on the main deck was spacious and with mood lighting, giving it a very welcoming and comfortable feel. The cabin crew was friendly and efficient. They responded to my service requests quickly and professionally. The dinner was delicious. The German white I chose to pair with my appetizer was a delight, but I found the French and Spanish red wines that were available with the main course leave a little to be desired. The cheese cake was moist although a little too sweet for my taste. The lie-flat bed was comfortable, but the cabin was too warm for me so I did not even use the thick blanket. The IFE lagged a bit, especially when using the remote control. The flight departed and arrived on schedule, and my checked luggage arrived with no damage. The only complaint I had was that the seat design could be improved to provide more storage space for such items as laptop or tablet and personal headphone.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

For me the only problem with Lufthansa is the tendency to book short stop transfers in Frankfurt or Munich. The run from Terminal A to D is never a good experience. Other than this it is a great airline to fly with, both responsive to passenger needs and welcoming aboard.

I have variously travelled in business, premium and regular economy, on the long haul flights they have reasonable food, a good selection of drinks, good selection of current movies and now internet.

Generally they are a little more pricey than most airlines, but they get you there unlike some others I could mention

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Flight was adequate & efficient, and lounge was good.

However, call center knowledge and efficiency was patchy. I was traveling on a Star alliance round-the-world ticket, and had to make several date changes to my ticket. The LH call center you get when calling from Europe (in South Africa) had no idea how to handle this and couldn't even give me a correct number for someone who could, whereas the call centers for Asia (Shanghai) and the US are fully on top of it. In the end it took almost two hours, partly on an international non-toll-free call to Germany (in fairness, the reservations desk in Germany is very competent and efficient), to make a simple date change.

As Lufthansa is the round-the-world specialist for the Star Alliance (they are the airline which will issue the ticket if you book through the Star Alliance website), they should ensure that all their call centers are competent to handle these tickets.