“Long Haul 747 _ FRA-SEA”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything about this flight was smooth and uncomplicated.
We decided to pay for our seats, about 6 days prior, to ensure we were sitting together and had some level of comfort for our flight.
We watched movies for the entire journey as we wanted to adjust to the time charge. It worked - we both generally sleep on flights, so this was a bit of a variation from our norm. It worked well, so it is a suggestion to travellers on this flight to maximize your time zone adjustment. We did go to bed early on the arrival night, to also assist in the change.
One note - the WCs were not un littered in the later phase of the flight.

• Value for money
There are newer reviews for Lufthansa

996 - 1,000 of 13,176 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fly Lufthansa almost every month. They have high but institutionalized service. This flight was not different. There was a slight panic when my colleague asked another person to switch seats, who actually wanted to switch with somebody else. In the end 6 people changed seat. Staff panicked until they knew again who was who and they could learn our names again by heart.
Long flight to Tampa, but service was nice and food was decent.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was not my original airline. I was transferred to Lufthansa because my original flight on another airline would not have made it in time for me to catch my connected flight in JFK. The staff at the ticket counter were very pleasant (and I was not happy since I had been in Chicago since 9 am and it was around 4 pm when I was finally given another flight). He was apologetic that I had to wait another two hours for the flight, which at that time was nothing compared to being there all day. I was given a food voucher, which was great. When we finally boarded the plane, not due to Lufthanasa's fault, it was a bit cramped, but what do you expect. The staff was very nice, which made me feel very at ease. The food was good. The staff was constantly walking the aisles either serving food, drinks, blankets, pillows, etc.

I arrived in Frankfurt and the staff there were also pleasant and I received yet another food voucher. The flight departed on time and I was finally in Manchester. I will definitely fly this airline again!

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good service! Very smooth flight ! Even in economy the food was not bad, and it was a lot ...almost too much! The seat were right behind premium economy ...perfect!

2  Thank ski601
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived at the Frankfurt airport reservation in hand 3 hours before my flight home and was told my ticket didn't exist. Exhausted from a 21 hour bus ride from Barcelona I was faced with one of my biggest fears, getting stranded in a foreign country feeling helpless with only $20 left to my name. After talking to the lady at the check in counter she told me we had a problem and to go upstairs to the ticket counter to see what was going on and if there was anyway to print my ticket. After waiting balling my eyes out feeling helpless my number gets called. I'm standing there in front of this lady drenched in snot and tears trying to catch my breath, and she's asking me to calm down that they'll help me so I tell her what happened and she replied to me that I would need $750 to get the ticket that I already bought, I had the receipt and reservation in my hand! I did not have this money or anyway to get it. I brought enough money for my backpacking trip to get around Europe in the amount of time I planned to be there. Then she tells me I can check downstairs at the last moinute ticket counter to see if they had a better price to get me home I'm an even bigger mess at this point crying, "I just want to go home".. he told me a last minute ticket home would be $1200 and my best bet to get a ticket was the $750 that I didn't have. At this point I'm desperate and called all of my living relative at home until I found one that was awake at 3am US time and they were able to send me their credit card information and get my on that plane less than 1 hour until take off. No one helped me and they double charged me! Never take Lufthansa airline ever. You might get stranded with no way home.

2  Thank Bailey B