“Not the worst, not the best. Great delays.”
Review of LOT Polish Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew LOT because it had a much better price than the Austrian - of course, with a stopover. LOT doesn't have baggage drop-off, so despite being checked in and having an electronic boarding pass, I had to wait and hour and a half to be checked in again. The ground crew in LA, was the nicest of all of the LOT employees along the whole way. Flight attendants on both flights were efficient and polite but seemingly without joy in their day and the desire to go an extra mile. My food (vegan) was ok - the first meal was tasty, the second just rice and tomato sauce.

It was the delays that pushed the final score of this review down the most. I realize that delays are an inevitable part of flying here and there. However, LOT flights that day all without a fail seemed to be delayed, and not only minutes but hours to the point where many travelers had missed their connections and inccured additional hours of travel.

Our flight from LA had a delay of 2 and a half hours, hour of which was made up back in air. Despite promises that it will wait the extra needed 15 minutes, our connecting flight in Warsaw took of without a group of us, leaving us scrambling and running only to watch the plane pull off from the gate. We were rebooked onto a flight 3 hours later and given a $13 voucher for food at the airport.

Then the new flight ended up delayed by over another hour. Waiting there I overheard several passengers sitting near me telling similar stories of missing their previous connections, some even being rerouted through an extra flight to get to their destinations due to delays. All the while we weren't informed about the delay other than seeing it on the display at the gate, incrementally growing each 10 to 20 minutes. When asked, the ground crew seemed bothered and said that there were operational issues, and it took them 45 minutes to make an actual announcement without an apology.

All in all, it happens, I got to my destination in one piece and so did my luggage. But, all of the delays caused me to miss my last possible ground transportation to my final destination, adding more nuisance and cost to my journey.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,011)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flight from Korea to Denmark, transit at Warsaw, Poland with LOT Polish airline, it’s my first time flying with this airline. I ‘ve called twice to Service center in Korea office and both times I’ve got kind help on special meal request and collect mileage on Lufthansa account, as Star Alliance member.
Cabin service was average, vegan meals were somewhat boring. Both flights were delayed half an hour each. Other than that all went fine without any big drama.
Though I was impressed that one of Polish cabin crews spoke good Korean, dealing with all inflight announcements in Korean.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good and friendly attendants , good vsalue for money. Clean, comfortable, good food and on time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staff is nice, pleasant flight, seats are alright.complimentary coffee, messages over the speaker understood.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The LOT airline has pleasant customer service and clean airplanes. However, I am hesitant to use this airline because they lost my luggage twice — when I landed in Warsaw and took a connected flight to Krakow, and vice versa. They shipped my luggage to my hotel approximately 24 hours after I landed in Poland. As for when I returned home, my luggage was still in Warsaw. It took the airline approximately 5 days to return it to my house in the United States. This whole process created unnecessary stress and hassle. Here’s the kicker: this was not the first (or the second) time it happened. Strike three, LOT. If I use this airline, then it will be only when I have carry-on. Otherwise, I will look for another airline next time I plan to check in my baggage.

1  Thank TinaBelle20