“Back to Work ;-(”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

KLM long haul flights are always designed for the comfort of the passenger, Service on board is very good, food for an airline in ok,

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (23,503)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our flight was 20 minutes earlier than on time, which was great.
The crew were very friendly and concerned for the comfort of all on board.
The plane was great also - the entertainment screens are fab!
Thanks KLM!
We wish you had direct flights from YYC to GVA and vice versa!
Additional Tips:
Put as much of your carry on up in the overhead storage so you don't have additional problems with space.
Don't sleep going from east to west (AMS to YYC) - you will be waking in the middle of the night, once you sleep!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was the 3rd person in the queue to get ito the plane. I have the allowed cabin luggage and they were asking for voluntaries to check-in their cabin luggage for free. Suddenly the KLM lady start to ask us, the first within the queue, to check-in our staff. I complaint as they should start from the last of the queue but the lady said that everybody within the economy queue will check-in their cabin luggage. Of course it didn’t happen, I after me there were plenty of trollies going into the plane.
If there’s no specifications regarding order for the plane on-boarding they must respect the queue, and if cabin trollies need to be check-in due lack of enough space, they should start from the end of the queue, not from the begging. I was doing the queue since the begging game to try to avoid that; and at the end the more caution people were punished. For sure I would not recommend this company for economy passengers.

3  Thank Samarsa_84
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Manager at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, thank you for your review. We do not make a distinction between passengers in the front or in the back of the line. We understand that checking in hand baggage can be frustrated, because you expect that you can take it on board with you. Sadly sometimes our ground staff has to ask passengers to check their hand baggage in due to the limited space on board. They make this decision based on how full the flight is and on how many passengers are travelling with large trolleys.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall I had a good experience on KLM. The staff were very attentive, professional and courteous. The business class cabin was comfortable and the meal very good. The one annoying problem happened with a couple seated directly in front of me with a small infant seated on their laps. The infant cried incessantly and interrupted everyone's sleep throughout the course of the flight. The staff apologized. I have traveled multiple times with my son, especially when he was a small child. I always did what I could to keep his behavior in check or to make sure he slept on the plane. To spend a hefty price on a business class ticket with the idea of getting sleep on the flight so that I could hit the ground running on my arrival is not compatible with a crying infant. KLM should not permit a lap sitting infant in business class. it made an otherwise excellent experience extremely annoying.

Date of travel: December 2018
1  Thank jeffreycL4151QB
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I fly regularly so am pretty discerning when it comes to inflight experience. I must say I preferred their code share Air France to KLM. The plane was large. The seats were decent. The headrests were adjustable which was nice. The seat width was good. The flight attendants were polite and professional. It was a red eye so a lot of passengers sleep. The entertainment system was good. Movies, tv, music and games. Good selections. Head phones provided. Blankets and pillows also provided. Although when you read the billboard in the airport saying they wash the blankets on average every 5-30 days it makes you not want to use one. Food was fair to poor. Very hot temp but not tasty . Overall, for a red eye it was decent but not my best experience.

1  Thank FiveStarPrincessDoes

We are sorry that you did not have the best experience, we hope you will have a more pleasant experience, the next time!