“They lost my suitcase”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been flying across the Atlantic and to other destinations south for years now and have never had a suitcase lost. Imagine the panic when when the carousel has emptied and I am the only one waiting for my suitcase, facing a two week vacation in Eastern Europe without my suitcase.

I learned though some questioning that my suitcase flew to Paris. You see, the plane in the dock next to ours in Montreal was on its way to Paris so I can see how my suitcase went there instead of with me to Amsterdam.

This was our second time flying KLM. We were told the suitcase would be delivered to the airport hotel where we were staying for two nights. However, no news from KLM meant I was the one having to track down my suitcase. After many calls to the KLM office, and e ails that went unanswered, I finally was told the suitcase was at security area at the airport.

The attendant did not find my suitcase. She hardly made the effort to look. I found it right awayehind a few other suitcases.

I was happy to have my clothes with me for the rest of the trip.

I was never contacted by the company and after the frustration of having to call and email for my suitcase, I never filed a claim for the charges incurred at the hotel in Amsterdam for the calls I made to the airport to try and my track my suitcase. (17 €)

Would I fly KLM again? Yes. The food on-board was decent and they even offered ice cream bars on the way back. Alcohol was free which isn’t a,ways the case añnire on other flights. All our flights on KLM were on time.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank ChicainCanada
Write a ReviewReviews (23,408)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was on this flight at the 20th out and 21st coming back, i cannot believe how good the service was on board and how friendly the cabin crew, really taking it upon themselves to make sure your flight is comfortable and you have everything you need. Outstanding work, keep this up KLM, really professional work carried out. Flight kl 662

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank Jonathanwood1
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely horrible never again. Flight attendants locked themselves up and drew their curtain. Paid no attention to us. Chatted amongst themselves. We asked for headphones and you would think it was like asking for blood. Made us wait. Meals were all wrong. It was awful. No other way to describe this. Flew 2 other times to Europe in 90 days with British Airways and I will again. No more KLM ever. My daughters screen was broken .

Date of travel: December 2018
1  Thank 984leight
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Manager at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. Our crew is usually very helpful, so we are not sure why you had difficulties reaching them this time. Perhaps they were busy with other passengers. Sadly we do not know. We understand the value of having entertainment on board, especially on a long haul flights. We are sorry to hear that your daughter's screen was broken. We advise you to request compensation here: http://klmf.ly/1CPyc23.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

KLM is my favourite company. Flights are usual at schedule. Personel is friendly Possibility of chosing your seatnumber (at small cost) Service on board is excellent. Personnel is very friendly and helpful. Makes me feel at home

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight was on time. crew was friendly. Meals were not exceptional. The Brussels -New York connection was very enjoyable.

Date of travel: October 2018