“Smooth! ”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Have flown with KLM a few times in the past months.
Every flight has been on time and the service has been great!

I have had many conversations over the phone with KLM regarding special requests for baggage, booking flights etc.. it’s always been a smooth and efficient, and they have always accepted my request to bring my guitar on board... there’s not many airlines that allow that!

All in all, would definitely choose to fly with them again.
There change of flight fees could be a little lower, but other than that, no complaints.

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (23,026)

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I travelled with a colleague on 4th October from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur (KL0809). This was a great experience, very well organized, lovely food and the stewardess we had was amazing. She was so polite and nothing was too much trouble. This stewardess who was called Amber was so good she really should be training others. She deserves much praise. Her warm friendly attitude made my flight really enjoyable. Thank you Amber.
Unfortunately my flight back on 18th October from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam (KL0810) was the opposite. Firstly the stewardess we had was very abrupt and on one occasion when my colleague was trying to get to the toilet she just said, ‘Move out of the way!’ No please or thank you. When she brought the food, it was just slammed down in front of us and we asked for tea to drink and she never even asked us if we wanted milk or sugar, which we did. She moved on before we could ask. We did not get up and ask because she was not very approachable. The food itself was not ideal either, neither of us like chilli, but there was no choice apparently, just chilli chicken which we could not eat. So as you can see, we experienced both extremes on KLM airlines. Which one of the above is the real KLM?

• Value for money
IriesB, Manager at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Thank you for sharing your travel experience with us, Sean. For your outward journey, we are happy to learn that our staff was able to accommodate you well on board. However, on the way back, it seems that this is not the same. Allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. The comfort and well-being of our passengers is one of our top priorities. Believe us when we say that this is not the type service we provide our passengers and the situation is far from ideal. We hope we will be able to receive you better in your next travel with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We flew to europe for our family vacation from 1 September - 16 September 2018, and this is the first time we select KLM for our flights from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam/Vienna/Amsterdam Return.

Great service both at KL/Amsterdam/Vienna/Amsterdam Airports and on board.
Staff throughout from check in to onboard the flights were courteous, friendly and accommodating - flight meals was tasty and in generous portion accompanied by entertaining inflight program on screen. Great experience for an economy class seat with ample leg room.

Flight both outbound and inbound was pleasant, we are looking forward to fly with KLM again !!!

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 23 October 2018

I love KLM and have flown with them regularly on visits to Europe. Not only do I like the airline but also the Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam. Flying to Amsterdam gives me a chance to visit this enchanting city.
Being over 6 feet tall I splurged on the extended seating which mitigated my dread of getting my body into knots during the 9 hours and gets me there more relaxed and refreshed... I always got a kick out of listening to the Dutch tongue which - being of German ancestry myself - sounded somewhat familiar and I made me feel at home almost from the get-go.
Check-in went smoothly – Flight attendants are always first class – choice of entertainment very substantial (once one has figured out the touch-screen). The flight itself uneventful – good take-off and landing. All in All, a good experience.
I was a bit disappointed with the quality and choice of food from Vancouver to Amsterdam (breakfast in Amsterdam and NO CHEESE ??!). It was somewhat better – but certainly not outstanding - on the way back. I suppose the days of filet mignon served with real cutlery are long gone...!

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Travelled from Dublin to Amsterdam and back with KLM. Excellent service both at arrivals and departures. My father needed assistance from the airplane to the arrivals terminal and I can’t thank KLM enough for how they looked after him. Because he has assistance in Dublin when departing the Airport they arranged for somebody to take him by buggy to passport control in Amsterdam - no queuing for him - and directly to the baggage hall. Flights both way were relaxed and comfortable. Thank you KLM.
I will be flying blue again.
PS I flew with KLM partners Air France and City jet earlier this month and had a similar positive experience with both.