“Great service, in-flight entertainment”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

KLM was great for a long haul trip. Great service, decent seat comfort, good food, and an efficient entertainment system, with a great movie selection. All that at a reasonable price. Will fly again for sure.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (21,724)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m not a good flyer- terrified most of the time; hence the decision to fly business class for long haul. This was a two stop Lusaka to Amsterdam flight; the first leg with Kenya Airways, was fine. But the KLM leg was excellent! The air hostesses really made the flight for me- effortlessly helpful, kind and caring. One hostess spotted I was not exactly happy and was extremely reassuring and pleasant., bith immediately and later during the flight.
The space on the upstairs of the 747 is incredible: well laid out, angled seats with plenty of aisle space between.
The food was very good- coeliac gluten free meals can be variable to say the least, but the dinner was fine. Breakfast not so great- I couldn’t face spinach and potato at 4am. And it would be so lovely if gluten free bread or biscuits were available.
I know people who’ve had problems with luggage going missing, but ours was through quickly on both the outward and return flights. Definitely a route I will use again. Thank you KLM

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have reviewed KLM several times before. If we fly to Europe we always fly direct from Calgary to Amsterdam and use Schiptol as our hub. This airport is one of the easiest to get around compared to Heathrow or Frankfurt etc. and has great shopping too!
KLM has always given us excellent service and food. They serve twice, dinner and breakfast. Their Business Class is comfortable and we are on the Dreamliner overnight. The cost of the flight is very competitive but most of all it is a pleasure to fly KLM.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew via KLM from Amsterdam--Budapest--Amsterdam, and a flight from Amsterdam to Rio. The flight to Rio got cancelled that would mean a 1 day delay for us which means we are going to be late for a conference. They rebooked us to the "next earliest flight" per notification email. No explanation was given as to why the flight was cancelled! When we went to their desk at the airport, we were told that that was the next earlier flight! The crew at the desk was obviously hesitant to assist us. After like 5 mins of standing near the counter, she called us to say that there's another earlier flight!

It was a puzzle as to why they cancelled the flight. No info was given at all.

As to food, we are not really picky as travellers, but all the food served in al the flight we took under KLM were just bland. The one from Rio was the worst, and it is not because I did not like Brazilian food. I actually enjoyed the food in Rio..The main dish was cold, it wasn't supposed too! The salad looked sad, not so fresh. Too much carbs in a meal. We got bread+muffin+something that looks like bread too with tomato sauce.

1  Thank Sofia Ann S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had to buy an emergency ticket to fly for my fathers's funeral to Minsk, Belarus. Mentioned the reason for my flight several times during booking of a very expensive ticket. Returned back to Calgary 5 days later and asked to adjust the price according to their bereavement policy. They asked for a copy of the death certificate, which I immediately provided. Several hours later they responded that I must have had the death certificate on the day of booking ( the day my father died!). Cynical. Not sure why they even asked for a support document if they never planed on accepting it. I would understand if they said clearly that they do not offer any discounts, but KLM have chosen to tell me that I did not negotiate my booking properly on October 9th (several hours after my father's death!), so they decided not to give me any discount. Igor P. October 2018

3  Thank igorpark