“Classic Service”
Review of Kenya Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing staff and helpful, great services, the food is Ok a d they keep time, they provide enough alcohol in the plane, i would definately recommend this airline, I think its worthy making a direct booking

Date of travel: March 2018
1  Thank EXCLUSIVEJOURNEYS
Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was the first time I have flown with this company, they were pleasant they kept the refreshments going throughout the flight , I’m not keen on inflight food and this one didn’t do it for me either so I went hungry, I would use this company again as everything went smoothly.
The Entertainment on the flight is pretty poor for such a big plane the films they had wasn’t a very good choice at all .

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Mediumdeacon
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Totally loved the flight to Nairobi - the flight was smooth - the jet excellent - staff were on point .
The flight back not so much - flight was cancelled - staff didn’t know how to handle it well - only very minimal assistance given - no one knew what to do at immigration and Kenya airlines staff were nowhere to be seen - hotels were over booked and vans back to the airport were late leading to an awkward rush through immigration to the plane.

On the flight back the hostess seemed like we were an inconvenience to her .

I don’t want to bag the airline cause it was so good on the flight over - I will try again - I just think that there systems were overwhelmed when flights were cancelled ..

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a specialist tour operator, several times a year I fly back and forth to Kenya, and usually have up to 100 or more guests flying into the country over a season.

In August/September this year I decided to give Kenya Airways a try as they had added new Dreamliner aircraft to their fleet. My flight up to Nairobi which I upgraded for my wife & me to Business Class was very good.

However when it came to the time to return I once again checked online, saw the scheduled aircraft was the Dreamliner, and once again upgraded three seats, mine, my wife’s and my nephew’s, who’d worked the Mara season with us and I thought I’d give him a little reward.

However on arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport the morning of our flight, September 29, there was great confusion and consternation until they admitted we’d been downgraded back to Economy...despite the fact I could show proof that my upgrades had been approved and my Visa card debited.

The airline ground crew were very apologetic and it appeared that there may have been some important politicians wanting to fly that morning, as well as the fact that the aircraft was downscaled to an old 737.

Fortunately we did manage to get our check in luggage accepted at the Business Class allowance (Note: Kenya Airways allows Economy passengers only half the allowance that SAA allows. This is an important consideration when going on a long safari. Kenya Airways gives you 1x23kg, SAA 2x23).

Later, once already seated on board, the aircraft cabin staff approached my wife and me and offered us seats (not together) up front in Business Class but left our nephew in Economy. So much for the kid’s big treat.

We were told by the cabin attendant to apply for a refund once we got back to South Africa, though they did not have the forms they should have given us for this application.

Hahahaha!

KenyaAirways have given me the total runaround over this ever since. I have sent them copies of tickets, boarding passes, the letter of approval for the upgrade saying my Visa card would be debited and still I wait.

Every time I contact them I get redirected to a website to fill in and supply the exact same details all over again.

Now seven weeks later I think I have to give up...and I will certainly NOT use Kenya Airways again. I will also warn my guests against this airline as customer service and satisfaction seems to be very low on their agenda. You have been warned!

Don’t Fly Kenya Airways

Date of travel: September 2018
3  Thank DarylB532
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been using this national airline as a true daughter of the soil. Nothing about the food served has been improved customers are paying expensive tickets compared to other airlines which, I won't mention here.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)