“Not the best airline out there”
Review of Kenya Airways

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I did not enjoy my flight with KQ. The trip between Nairobi and Entebbe is short, but it was long enough to know I wouldn't choose them again. Rude staff and noisy, dirty old plane. On the ground the gate announcements kept changing and none of the staff knew anything about it, each one giving me different information, resulting in many kilometers of walking from one end of the airport to the other. Only my Fitbit was happy!

1  Thank judysam2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The outward flight from Harare went smoothly with no delays. Service was good and the food was edible. The return trip was more problematic. There was no attempt to indicate the KQ flight on the usual display boards in Addis apart from being told the gate number as one checked in. Only saw one ground staff before departure for the flight which was delayed. In flight- was sitting near two children, one managed to land with a seat belt unfastened- yet the mother was sitting opposite and also because there was no walk by of the crew checking seat belt compliance before landing. The safety video did not come on yet it was a fairly new plane, so the safety talk was delivered by the air stewards. Hard to see what they were doing when you are in the window seat. Far too many people got on with huge suitcases, some struggling to put them in the overhead lockers, not sure KQ still weighs hand luggage before departure. Further delay experienced in Nairobi- at least in the upgraded airport, it was not such an unpleasant experience.
I am on KQ's frequent flyer programme and had not flown KQ for some time. Just felt a little more customer care could have been taken on the Addis to Harare part of the journey.

1  Thank Kufunda
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I recently flew from Nairobi to Cape Town on Kenya Airways. I thought that the service was excellent and that all of the staff were kind and courteous. I picked up my baggage immediately at the airport in Cape Town. I have no doubt that Kenya Airways has improved tremendously under new management.

1  Thank africanman_840
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I flew Kenya Airways from Johannesburg, South Africa to Nairobi. The flight departed 2 hours late. I was told by another passenger who frequently traveled this route for business that this was not unusual. Although I had given my email to the agency I was not contacted. This was unfortunate for leaving late as we did meant that I arrived in Nairobi well after midnight. There was a different flight 4 hours earlier and had I been informed that the later flight was delayed I could have, and would have, adjusted my schedule accordingly. Then there was a gate change but no one anywhere near the new gate to confirm that we were in the right area. I tried to ask at least two agents from the airlines and was simply given the cold shoulder. Once in the air the service was fine and the flight went well.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

this air travel was not good.
the steward knew some of the monitors were not working.
it is a8+HR FLIGHT no tv,music,or entertament.
no apologue just get in seat and shut your mouth.
I tried to complain after I got home and the gave me a WRONG EMAIL
then told me to call other country . there site is not eazy...food not good.

1  Thank kitty37421