“Rustic”
Review of Air Serbia

check-in OK
boarding took a long time
propeller plane that was rather old and old fashion (specificaly the seats) - very noisy
poor service on board

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family flew Air Serbia to Albania from JFK, and back, and we had a horrible experience. To provide context with my experience, I have traveled to over 20 countries and for pleasure and many states for business. I do not expect perfection when flying, as I know airlines have a lot of regulations, but my experience with flying on Air Serbia was terrible enough for me to provide feedback.

What Air Serbia did right: Good price and decent meals and service mid-flight. Flight attendants were professional, although not very friendly.

What Air Serbia did wrong:

1. Terrible check-in for both flights. They open the ticket counter late for each flight, making people wait outside the terminals where there is no seating. They didn't open ticket counters until 2 hours before international flights. This left long lines and many frustrated customers.

2. Unfriendly staff for checking bags and carry-ons. I have never met staff that were less accommodating when it comes to finding space on a plane. The person that checked us in stated that a painting could be brought on board as the plane was nearly empty and the plane was larger than expected. The person at the gate, and additional staff argued and fought with me after I made it through security, stating I'd have to mail my item. After 20 mins of arguing, a fellow passenger pushed a flight attendant to see if it would fit in an overhead bin, and voila, it fit with no problem. The staff were rude and argumentative.

3. When connecting in Serbia, Air Serbia staff were very rude. They told my wife and I we would get our stroller in Serbia since we had a long layover, and when we arrived, they told us we're not getting it. And they were very rude about it. They also started to scan people's checked luggage while we were waiting, calling passengers down to an office to interrogate them. I had nothing in my bag that was illegal or against regulation, but they treated me like a criminal.

4. Boarding processes were slow and frustrating. Staff were rude and disorganized, waiting, again, way too late to load the plane calmly and efficiently.

Overall, I will NEVER fly Air Serbia again. Pay a little extra and fly Turkish or pretty much any airline that's not Air Serbia.

3  Thank atrain0
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a total of four flights in five days and our first impression was not good at all.

We were greeted onboard the first flight by two stewardesses dressed in hats and all, totally incapable of making us feel welcome. There was no sense of warmth or service feeling whatsoever. They didn't give us even a glimpse of a smile. Then we were served powder coffee that was far from ok.

But in later flights we experienced two wonderful cabin crew that totally made us change our mind. Attentive, smiling and definitely anxious to do a good job.

The aircrafts felt modern and fresh.

The transfer desk in Belgrade was quick and efficient. An extra credit to them that they called passengers standing in line to the most urgent upcoming flights.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first experience with Air Serbia. I had a business round-trip to Vienna. I must say that I would've never chosen Air Serbia myself, because I was largely discouraged by the reviews. But it turned out well for me.
The aircraft ATR72 is in fact old and looks kind of unsafe, but in both directions I had a comfortable flight. The staff is very polite. It's a short flight, so no food is included, you only get a 0.25l bottle of water, which is fine, but I guess they could include a coffee/sandwich considering the price of their flights. I mean, they are kind of costly, considering that what they offer is basically low-cost service.
But in the end, I would choose to fly with them again and I would recommend them to others as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Following the tend of all European airlines, AirSerbia started cutting cost on all sides. First of all, the tickets for European destinations are too high and comparable to airlines of much higher quality of service. Secondly, although the complimentary water (worth about 10 cents) was included in a modest meal (half a sandwich, approx. 10 cm x 5 cm), the fact that there were no free beverages, e.g. coffee or tea was preposterous.