“NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE!”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 13 February 2019

For a world class airline, this flight was a joke. My husband and I had indicated earlier that he was allergic to garlic and I am vegetarian. For dinner, this was completely ignored and the cabin crew tried to laugh off the problem, then served my husband with a plate olives and I had a salad. At no time was there any acknowledgement of there being a problem which we had raised with the head office before flying. To date there has been no apology but it has left us feeling that we will not fly Iberia anywhere again. Business class service it most certainly was not!

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank FJHH24
Write a ReviewReviews (15,337)

Reviewed 12 February 2019

We live in Switzerland and I was traveling from Switzerland to London to Barcelona. Before bringing my dog I called Iberia to check that I could fly my dog in hold from London to Barcelona. They confirmed I could and I also had a supervisor confirm this, since I know UK are tricky with traveling with Pets.
3 days before traveling I booked our trip. We had to go via Madrid because of our puppy, but that was ok. I had my dog confirmed in hold, this took 3 hours waiting because a supervisor had to confirm it. I got a phone call and also a mail with the confirmation of our dog in hold. At the checkin we are told they can not handle pet in hold, Iberia does not have a licens for this. And we were not the first ones. The only way to get my dog into spain is via cargo. This will take 2 weeks and cost 1.200 GBP. WE had a friend picking up our puppy and pur her into kennel. Now Iberia refuses to reimburse my costs for cargo and the kennel. When I ask to talk with a supervisor, in a polite way, I have not yelled once, they hung up. I called again, this time they say that their licens must have expired from that I made the booking to the day I travelled. When I asked what date it had expired, since I booked the flight on Saturday and was going to fly on monday, the second person hang up on me. I have never ever had a worse customer service to deal with. And I still don't have my darling puppy Joy with me. Never ever fly Iberia if you can avoid.

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank Carol12341234
Reviewed 12 February 2019

Iberia is actually a pretty good airline and the 9 hour flight from Spain to Chicago was good. Food was just airline food but entertainment is good and attendants are attentive. However, if there is anyplace in the world that can screw something up it is Illinois, especially Chicago. There are 65 lines at customs to enter and only three were staffed. I spent an hour and a half clearing customs coming in. Then I had to change terminals for my continued flight to Denver. The Chicago shuttle bus system between terminals is a joke, slow, crowded and inadequate signage. Clearing security to get back into the new terminal was a nightmare. Two lines for about 400 people. Another hour in a hot, crowded line with a lot of unhappy people. I would NEVER intentionally visit Chicago and next time I have a layover in Chicago, I'll find a different flight that does not pass through Chicago.

Date of travel: February 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank dadk b
Reviewed 12 February 2019

I usually travel with Iberia. I like terminal 4. I think it is a really nice airport. It is clean and bright. My flight with Iberia was on time. The plane ws clean. And the staff was helpful.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2019

Flew to Madrid for the first time using Iberia, all was as expected but the bit that let it down was the cleanliness of the toilet facilities. Visited later into the flight but the marks/dirt on the walls etc was not recent and was not pleasant. The ground crew who maintain the plane clearly don't think that is important

On the return flight however we had a very different experience with a superb plane and clean facilities

Date of travel: January 2019