“Flight on schedule”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

To my satisfaction the plane took off on time and landed as per schedule. Only thing is that though this is a more than two hours flight we needed to buy food on board and the choice of food was quite poor. And we waited quite a while before our luggage’s arrived.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,221)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Travelled to JHB in August via Madrid. We heard from some friends that we needed our kids birth certificate and extra documentation to travel to SA. Phoned the airline prior to our flight to enquire. They didn't have a clue, and just advised on passports. But we actually needed birth certificates etc. We had been booked on a 7pm flight but a couple of weeks before flying were advised that the times had changed to an hour early. We got to the airport on time but the plane didn't take off until 7.15pm!! Which was most annoying. They seemed to have combined two flights together(?) The check in was a nightmare. We needed to go to the 'family' queue as you are unable to check in online if you have children travelling with you. There was not enough desks to cater for the travellers. At check in there was many phonecalls placed to allocate us a seat. In the end our seats were split with my 8 yr old daughter boarding card showing she is about 8 rows behind us! When we boarded the plane the air hostesses insisted that passengers need to sit according to their allocated seats. My daughter has an allergy and we chose vegetarian meals but when our meals came they were not. On the return flight it was the same issue. The connection in Madrid wasn't great. A it is a long haul flight you would expect that the food is included- but the first leg of the flight LHR to Madrid you have to pay for snacks and beverages. Unfortunately we are not in a hurry to book another Iberia flight.....

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty decent for a budget airline. Boarding was efficient and quick. Our hand luggage waa put into the hold free of charge as the flight was full and so there wasn't enough room for all the cases. Decent leg room and comfortable seats. Friendly staff and plane was very clean

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight from London to Madrid was delayed because of a technical problem. I missed my connecting flight from Madrid to Santiago and was rebooked on the next available flight the next day. I knew I was entitled to claim 600 euros, it has been a very long battle with Iberia and their non-existant customer service. They try everything to discourage claims, but if you know your rights and are entitled to a compensation, don't give up. It took 3 months, and after involving CAA, I finally got my claim paid! But I have learnt a lesson and will never fly Iberia again!

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank froginthemist
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight from Boston to Madrid was on time and about as good as cheap seats can be. The flight crew was good. Meal I was served, vegetarian, was edible. Movies were available. Use restrooms before flight is over, disgusting towards end of flight....some people are pigs. The flight from Madrid to Malaga was 1 hour connection, don't bother booking this flight as you'll never make it. We had to wait an additional four hours for next flight, In hindsight, I would take the train and been there sooner. Lesson learned. Return flight I had enough time to connect, good flight.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)