“Ba465 madrid to london economy”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Although operated by Qatar the flight from MAD to LHR was comfortable enjoyable and really really nice

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,290)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Very disppointed with my first experience with Iberia, Madrid to Milan Linate. Could not check in online, for the system did not recognized my BA partner membership number. Nor could I leave the space blank. No answer from an email I sent to the Avios care center. Points were eventually added at desk.

Seat 29D was very tight and the the upper pocket of front seat cannot contain a slim laptop, a bottle of water or a book. Nothing to hold the smallest item! Catering service was slow, (1 cart for a full 200 people airplane). I starved until minute before landing at about 9:35pm. A sandwich and a coffee 10,5 Euro!

The 2 staff were not rude, neither friendly. Just doing duty! Only good news was, the flight arrived ahead of time.

All in all my expectations on a flag airline was downgraded to the experience of a low-cost style flight. Not sure I will give them a second chance.

PS. In the previous leg from Valencia to Madrid, Iberia via Air Nostrum, old smaller seats had more leg room. But not even a glass of water and peanuts were offered or sold.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I will never fly with Iberia again. Our luggage was lost between Madrid airport and Casablanca, and it took Iberia FOUR DAYS to get it back to us (a significant amount of time on a 7 day holiday). We rang countless different numbers, with not one person being able to help. "This isn't our department, ring this number instead"... Even on twitter responses were rude, blunt and unhelpful. The whole experience was very stressful and ruined our holiday. The icing on the cake was being told that a courier service was not available in Morocco, so we had to get a cab to and from the airport to collect our bags- costing a fortune and wasting half a day. This airline do not care about their customers, absolutely disgraceful service.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Just a bit of constructive feedback on your performance last month hombres. You did your best so you should all hold your heads high, this is simply one gringos take on the situation.
My flight started great, Pamplona to Barcelona, I had a belly full of tapas and a head full of cervezas. My regular excitement of watching the baggage carrousel go around at Barcelona airport turned to shock and disgust (much like the kind you’d get if the matador one day came second). Before me, lay the remnants of my tattered bag which had either been gored by 10 of your finest bulls on the street of Pamplona or used as the airplane’s hand break upon landing. It wasn’t all bad news though, your baggage handlers were clever enough to fix the situation by unwinding an entire roll of ducting tape to attach my melted belongings back onto the outside of my bag corpse – and to be honest, I almost didn’t even notice the damage! Between bouts of laughter, your lovely customer service ladies assured me that the “small rip” in my bag would be rectified, “just go and buy yourself new stuff and we’ll take care of it”. Four weeks and $500 later I’m back home and I’ve replaced my favourites that were destroyed in the wreckage. But now there’s an issue because I didn’t anticipate having to get a police report, officiating how crook you guys are at handling bags. Whilst it did look like a crime scene, I suspect it is not a police officer’s job to certify that half of my stuff is now smeared onto the tarmac at Barcelona airport because Felipe the work experience kid forgot to tie the bags down. Credit where credit’s due though, the masterminds in your complaints department eventually found it appropriate to write a cheque for roughly a quarter of my costs however once again you tripped on your shoelaces just before the finish line and sent it to the wrong postal address.
Now look, I’m not pretending that I know how to run an airline, because I don’t. However, it’s not my first bull fight and as a regular user of aeronautical transport I can safely say that most people wouldn’t appreciate their stuff getting used as the jet fuel. At the very least you might like to help your customers out if somehow their bag does find its way into the plane’s turbine like mine did.
Yours sincerely,
First and last time user of your airline

2  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Staff unfriendly and no food or drinks, told us that they would be with us in 5 minutes after 1 hour we were told snacks are sold out and that was on the short flight same on the long flight. Rather pay 100 more and get better service. Flight was not cheap 650 with stopover