“Attentive staff but lots of improvement needed!”
Review of Hainan Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We travelled with my family from Phuket to shenzhen as direct flight! Plane was old even there were no 1 screen to see flight route or other things! Cabin crew was attentive but my comment is since I also flight 5 Year before many times, yes they are growing with new routes but meal and beverage service definitely improve! Sometimes even in our last flight from Shenzhen to Phuket meal was really not good! We had 16 year old kid but no any entertaining toys or etc! No cabin amenities for normal passengers either! Otherwise just OK!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

After our last excellent flight with this airline, this experience was not as good. Check in was chaotic and unorganised - no signage until everyone had gathered at the counters. We blocked others from trying to force their way past us just because they had to be at the front of the “line”. Once at the counter the person did not know how to smile, no greetings or any acknowledgement. Considering our airfares were booked through to Australia on the 1 booking, we still were only given the boarding pass and checked baggage to Beijing. In Beijing we had to collect our luggage, exit, and then re enter to check through to Australia. Ridiculous. The saving grace were the Cabin Crew who were genuinely friendly, in particular a Romanian Flight Attendant! Aircraft was new and clean, entertainment was great, and the food was decent.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A huge pain..spoils an otherwise very good flight...if you travel domestic then onwards in International with this airline make sure you have plenty of time as they make you complete the domestic leg then you have to check in again...for some reason Hainan wont/cant ticket you from point a to point b using both a domestic flight and an international connection, we had 3 hrs to connect which should have been plenty except we arrived nearly 2 hrs late..no-one to meet you and rush you through,,the baggage carousel is a 10 min walk ( its painted on the floor so you know) then collect your luggage, our priority bags were last out, then up to 4th floor to check in then down to 3rd floor security immigration etc then down to 1st floor for bus to aircraft, we just made it, if we hadnt been Business class I think we would not have made the flight Hainan needs to fix this as its enought to stop me using this excellent International flight again, far too stressful, China Southern flys the same route and checks you in at Shenyang straight to Brisbane without all this other hasell, so you need to look closely at the fare the saving on Hainan might not be worth the stress

Reviewed 4 April 2018

After my enjoyable flight with Hainan last January, I took another flight and was very disappointed with the service, the food and the comfort level. Already at the check-in it was a very crowded, no proper signage and economy class line was much faster than business line where there was only one ground person and stuck with a small group of people. On the plan, the team was efficient but very distant and one had to call them when needed something. The menu was focused on Chinese food and almost nothing that I liked, there was no WiFi and the seat was too tight. During the flight, the plane bumped much more than I ever experienced and landing was a frightening experience – the pilot tried to land twice unsuccessfully until the third time when we landed – not a nice experience at all! The main advantage they have is the price which makes it good value for money.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My return flight was excellent, although we left an hour late, no idea why. They may have told us, but I didn't hear it.
The aircrew was extremely friendly, the screen worked this time and I found a good movie selection.
Again, vegetarian food was so, so, and for some reason, I got 2 bread rolls, and no water. Although when I asked, I was brought a glass.
Seats comfy, and I'd be happy to fly again with Hainan any day.

1  Thank Christiane W