“Be Sure You Know What you are Getting”
Review of Eurowings

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a budget airline operated in cooperation with Lufthansa. However, the check -in procedure was very awkward as when we checked into out original flight in Chicago with Lufthansa, they could not check in through to our final destination. We had to go through the entire check in process again in Munich. There were long lines and the counter personnel for EuroWings was not very informed. Once on the airplane, we where quite surprised to find that everything was ala carte and had to be paid for in addition to the ticket price, including blankets, pillows, music, video, games, etc. It was a 10.5 hour flight. If you are on the lowest level seating, you are provided no meals, snacks or beverages. They can be purchased. All you are given is one bottle of water. It turns out, we were booked into the second-tier seating (we did not know this until we got on board) and we did get a small meal. It was not very good or well prepared. There were only two toilets that I could find, By the end of a 10 hour flight, there were in disgusting condition.

On the positive side, the cabin crew handled the passengers well considering that many of them were quite upset by the level of service. The seats were fairly comfortable, even a little wider then most airlines. The flights did leave and arrive on schedule.

All long flights are awful in economy class. That is a given. You get what you pay for. However, this was more awful then normal and the fact that we were provided so little information made it even worse.

I will avoid this airline in the future if I can.

2  Thank GlenLivet
Write a ReviewReviews (5,938)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Eurowings flight scheduled 22.35. Delayed till 5am, staff said flight crew member reported sick and no replacement available. Initially no staff on duty in terminal, phone line inviting passengers to call if no staff around did not answer. Staff later arrived and said the person supposed to answer phone calls had also reported sick.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wanted to do online check in a day before the flight. When I got to the part where we should pick the seats, it was stated that I can pick more comfort seats which have several benefits (blanket, pillow, two meals, ...). I reluctantly paid 3700 TBH (~100 EUR) per seat thinking it was worth it since it is a very long flight. However, the online check in system could not complete the check in. After many attempts I called support and they told me that we will still need to come earlier to the airport to check in at the counter because system is malfunctioning?! (Not) surprisingly, the part of the system that processes my NONREFUNDABLE payment for seat reservations worked. To make matters worse, during the flight we realized that the only benefit we got from these seats were two centimeters of extra leg room, everyone gets same meals, a blanket, ... So called "more comfort" seats are completely falsely advertised during online check in, and one still needs to check in at the airport even after paying?! Never again!

2  Thank markopop
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Heading back home using Eurowings again, their staff are just amazingly friendly with smiles on their faces this creates a warm environment, I enjoyed having internet connection which is available on purchase, i did the online purchase and the connection was excellent, it felt good being airborne & online...I loved that experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a Smooth Flight from Windhoek to Cologne & then Berlin with Eurowings, it was a 10hours flight but felt short since there is a vast of movies to entertain oneself from the individual entertainment screens..smooth flight than i expected..friendly staff on board.