“AVOID THIS AIRLINE!”
Review of Eurowings

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I previously wrote about my "pre-travel" experience with this airline but, after the treatment we received from Eurowings, I am encouraging everyone to avoid this airline.
Our flight from Stansted to Munich, via Cologne Germany was unpleasant. The airplane was completed booked and the cabin very hot. The overhead air vents didn't work and the arm rest on my chair was damaged and since it would not allow me to push it up between the seats, it kept pinching my forearm.
When I requested water from the flight crew I was told I would have to pay 3 euro for it. Water isn't free?!
When we arrived at our hotel late Monday evening and the hotel staff brought up our luggage, one of our bags was destroyed. The locking zipper and TSA lock had been ripped off of the luggage removing any ability to lock the bag in the future. Of the three lockable areas on the luggage, the airline destroyed all of them. The zipper pulls were no longer on the bags and the airline replaced them with string.
Upon reviewing the Eurowings "damaged luggage" policy I will be unable to file a claim for the damage to my luggage because their policies are so strict.
They require 7 days notice, I didn't have access to the internet, a damage report from the destination airport, my bank account details, SERIOUSLY?
Since I am unwilling to give them my bank account information and a damage report I am stuck with a suitcase I will no longer be able to use while traveling. I am out the cost of the suitcase, $180 and the TSA lock, $10.
I WILL NEVER FLY EUROWINGS AGAIN AND I SUGGEST YOU LOOK ELSEWHERE ALSO. ONE MORE THING. THEY DO NOT OFFER ANY ASSISTANCE TO THE DISABLED.

2  Thank jobseeker0827
Write a ReviewReviews (5,658)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Delayed for nearly an hour, sitting on the plane with a temperature of over 30 degrees Celcius and no Airconditioning. Excuse given was that it could not be started.. Very poor excuse as the crew were only trying to save fuel.. instead they were going around offering water. Having said that, once airborn it was ok. were lucky with the legroom this time as the flight was not full so the passengers couls spread about...

1  Thank nicolaou2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Legroom is very tight (unless you pay extra). You have to pay extra for inflight Entertainment, If you wish to have a second drink (remember this is a 12 hours flight) you have to pay extra. All in all an uncomfortable flight

1  Thank nicolaou2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I flew EW in replacement of my AF1410/March 22, 2018 cancellation due to social strike and I was lucky to find last minute seats still available to fly on time but you have to purchase everything on board and the crew was not smiling neither polite when they come to ask if you need to buy something from them. So never again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was a late night flight and there was a thunderstorm in Berlin. We waited and fortunately, our luggage had been loaded on board before the heavy rain hit Tegel airport. Others were not so lucky and a flight after flight was canceled. But not ours and as soon as the heavy rain stopped for a while, we were boarded very hurriedly and off we took. It was a bumpy takeoff but our captain quickly drove the A319 above the bad weather. After that, we had a good sleep all the way to Iceland. Efficient staff and a good airline, I've flown with them on other occasions an I recommend them.