“Worst Flight Experience Ever with Etihad served by Wamos”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 22 February 2024

Worst experience ever. I choose Etihad since most people have a good experience way before covid pandemic. Turn out when I take the flight on Feb 2024, the flight served by Wamos for a long haul and it become the worst flight ever. The crew is not polite. They take out my meals, without asking, when I'm not opening the food since I'm still exhaust. They didn't ask for what I want to eat, they just put the food and the drink randomly. When I ask for another drink, (just a simple hot tea), they mention it's not available and they didn't even try to check :-(
I have a daughter that ask for pasta since the passenger before me get a pasta, the crew arrogantly say: this is only available, you want to take it or no

Please bring the good experience flight with Etihad back. Stop using Wamos

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2024

We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable experience you encountered during your recent flight with us. Your feedback is deeply concerning, and we assure you that we take it very seriously. It's disheartening to hear about the lapses in service and the lack of courtesy displayed by our crew. This falls far below the standard of service we aim to provide to all our passengers.

Please fill up the feedback form on our website so we can investigate what happened. *Ikra

Reviewed 21 February 2024

The food was so tasty, and no screen made me bored. Great staff member and better boarding music.Lovely window seats.Quiet Cabin while I slept.

Date of travel: September 2023
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the delicious food, found the cabin environment comfortable, and appreciated the attentiveness of our staff. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're thrilled to know that we could contribute to making your journey enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon! *Ikra

Reviewed 21 February 2024

(Skip to next paragraph for the main issue)

This morning, I was on my way to work and used my debit card to pay for my parking using contactless when the transaction was declined. I was sure my account was not empty and presumed that it was either my card or the contactless machine. Me stuck at the boom gate caused a traffic jam as there's only one entrance available. I was really embarrassed and called the manager there. When he came, he confirmed that my account has insufficient balance and asked me to enter and proceed to the parking office to pay by cash. This event was very very embarrassing to me since it never happened before.

(Main issue with Etihad)

Right after the incident, I checked my account balance and found that Etihad Airways, without my permission or authorization, has charged my debit card repeatedly 11 times, between RM125 to RM168, to the total of almost RM1,600. I panicked as I thought it might be a scam. I quickly checked all the receipts and tickets that I purchased on 18 February 2024, Kuala Lumpur to London. It seems that I have paid everything in full, however now I'm wondering why have Etihad Airways charged me these amounts.

Me being a AML/CFT bank officer, quickly assumed that this could be spam, fraud or something in between. I went straight to the Etihad Airways website, trying to find the Malaysia office Customer Service number but to no avail. Then I tried the chat option which I have to endure the chatbot for a good 5 minutes before I am connected to a service agent. I quickly informed him about the situation where Etihad Airways has made multiple unauthorized charges when I was asleep last night, emptying my account. Then, I shared a screenshot of my account, with the multiple charges made amounting to almost RM1,600.

I was upset, but there was really no quick fix that the Agent can provide me. He requested for my transaction proof. I supplied him with all three ticket receipts paid in full and also my bank statement showing the amount has been deducted to pay the tickets IN FULL. Thus, I have no outstanding payment or arrears for any of the three tickets. He just told me to rest assure that the "other" team will look into the situation and "I" need to contact them for the update of the situation. It was really, really upsetting and it did not help me any way.

I kept telling him that he needs to tell the "other" team to stop the unauthorized charges as I am expecting a wire transfer into my account later today. His answer was the same "rest assured we will do our best to resolve the issue". It sounds polite, but literally gave me no solution or overview of the problem or situation. The whole experience was terrible, embarrassing and traumatizing. Imagine suddenly having your account emptied and your card was declined with people assuming that you have no money. I chose Etihad Airways for the fact that it is a well known and premium airline but has never in my worst nightmare this kind of issue would have happened to me.

The worst part is that, during my purchase of the ticket, there was multiple security checks by my bank to ensure that my purchase of the ticket amounting to RM9,800, was not made by mistake or fraudulently. However, why did the multiple charges made by Etihad Airlines to me last night, has not triggered any safety and security alarm? In less than a few hours, all my money in my account was gone.

The reason why I'm writing this is so that:
1) Etihad Airways will resolve the issue, return my money which was wrongly charged and compensate me for this ridiculous and traumatizing situation.

2) Etihad Airways to improve their system and update it so it won't recklessly charge people's money without their authorization. Imagine this happening to an elderly who might not know what to do in this instance?!

3) So that other travelers, who are trying to but air tickets, to be more careful of the airline they choose and keep track of their payment. Its not just a few dollars but thousands!

TLDR: My account/debit card was charged without my express permission or authorization by Etihad Airways. I am really upset and plan to report this to the local authorities and Consumer Board Department. I also contacted Etihad Airways which they did not give me any solution but to wait and asked "ME" to contact them for update. RIDICULOUS.

Date of travel: March 2023
Reviewed 21 February 2024

the B777-300er business class seats on Yyz-Auh sector mainly in centre row like 9E snd 9F are horrible,very close,you can breathe into another passenger,no privacy and cramped up tiny seats ,i thought ethiad business would be class apart as premium middle east airline like Emirates etc ,should have stick to Air canada where every plane configuration in business has great privacy and wide area . Hopeless outdated seat controls and remote and un comfortable seat. look else where

Date of travel: February 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2024

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please reach out to us via our other social media channels to look into this further. *Kacy

Reviewed 20 February 2024

First of all flying with etihad has always been a great experience for me and my family, except today February 20, 2024, the gentleman behind the bag check in counter was a very pleasant, very helpful and very kind until he needed an assistance
For a certain issue about family visa travelling to Kuwait, he asked his supervisor a certain Mr. Ali who I would call Mr. RUDE ALI, not only he doesn’t know how to speak politely to us passengers, he embarrassed his subordinate who asked for help. He is a disgrace to your company and to his fellow coworkers.RUDE RUDE RUDE. Keep in mind the check in is the first encounter of a passenger, pls train MR. ALI for good manners and what courtesy is.

Date of travel: February 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.