“A CoViD safe flight to Melbourne”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 16 June 2021

We had a CoViD safe flight on Etihad airlines from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia to Melbourne, Australia. All precautions were taken by the airline and crew from the start of the journey till the end. The flights were not at all crowded and the seat next was kept vacant. We booked our flights when the entry to foreign passengers was closed in Melbourne, but luckily it opened up in time for our flight. Flying during CoViD is an experience we probably won't forget, but the Etihad made it a pleasurable one.

Date of travel: May 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Hello there Altaf, we are very pleased to read that our strong focus on our guests' safety and wellness, when travelling during the pandemic, was a key factor in yourselves enjoying the flights with us! We look forward to welcoming you on board of another Etihad flight again in the near future. Thanks. *Bruno

Reviewed 16 June 2021

Booking Reference # MUDRGO
Customer Escalation Reference # 45228

I'm absolutely apalled by the lack of good customer service and how poorly my parents have been treated, for trying to get a refund for cancelling their flight tickets during 2020. they cancelled their flight from Bangalore to St Louis, USA and have yet to receive their refund. I have emailed and complaint on facebook, twitter, youtube, etihad website and each time, I just get the run around to call after a week or that my refund was allready received when that is absolutely a false statement. Im so frustrated and upset that i feel my parents wont ever get their refund and we will no longer be using Etihad for their lack of compassion and urgency in returning our refund.

Date of travel: August 2020
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Hi there, we are so sorry to hear that your parents have not received their refund yet. Please stay tuned with our support team on Facebook or TwitterHelp for further update. Thank you for your patience. *Zoe

Reviewed 15 June 2021

Etihad has rarely provided me an enjoyable journey - I'm unfortunately limited to this airline due to a mix of office policies and the fact that I live in Abu Dhabi.

Here a list of unresolved issues, that every time I complain about I get a ticket number for and a "sorry not sorry" generic response.

1 - Broken bag in 2013, fixed with horrible glue, useless to keep.
2 - 2016 - Staff opened the toilet while I was in there. No follow up, just ran away.
3 - 2018 - Different flight, staff opened the toilet again. Don't know why they can't knock. Gave us a feedback form, we filled it, no response or update.
4 - 2020 - Overcharged me for tickets, error on their part - I've been waiting for a refund since September 2020 - Each call I make gives me promise of refund within 1 to 15 days. Plain and simple thieves, preying on helpless passengers.
5 - 2021 - Broke my child's stroller, left us helpless at the airport. Filled out a form, gave them a receipt, and they said the broken stroller was normal wear and tear.

Disgusting behavior, horrible attitude behind fake plastered smiles, and the outsourced nameless staff keep transferring responsibilities until the customer gives up.

Please don't use them if you have a choice. Emirates, Air Canada, Air India, ANYTHING but Etihad.

Date of travel: April 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

We are so sorry to hear you disappointment. Please provide us with your case number via inbox message or contact our support team on Facebook or TwitterHelp to check your case status and if there's anything we can make the situation better. We hope to provide you a better experience on your next flight. Thank you. *Zoe

Reviewed 14 June 2021

I booked at flight from Mumbai to Paris for end June 2021. I just got an email informing me that the flight from Mumbai has been cancelled. but it appears the connecting flight from Abu Dhabi has not been cancelled by the airline! So i will be blamed for cancelling it myself will I!??? :O
I want to change the date but I am not being given any explanation as to when that is possible , the second ticket is useless if I cannot get to Abu Dabhi right!! why complicate things and not cancel the entire journey on your end. It's just not fair. It seems flights from India to Abu Dhabi are not running so you MUST cancel the entire ticket and let me change the date. its just not fair , it feels like the airline just letting customers book flights to get money and then cancelling them later and our money is stuck.

Date of travel: June 2021

Hi there, following the latest UAE Government directives, passenger travel from India to the UAE and Etihad's network has been suspended till 6th July, and potentially longer. If one of your flight has been cancelled, you are entitled for a full refund, please contact our Call Centre or your travel agency to discuss refund/rebooking options. Thank you. *Zoe

Reviewed 13 June 2021

The airline still owes me £1500 for tickets that they cancelled for flights . Over 1 year now and no refund …. Do not fly

Date of travel: September 2020
    • Customer service
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Dear Iguana,

Please contact us via our Social Media channels so that we can investigate this further.

Thank you. *Rose

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.