“Safe comfortable fast trip”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 24 January 2021

Very pleasant trip. The safety protocol for covid was gold standard.The aircraft and crew were amazing in total contrast with other airlines. Price of the ticket was very reasonable in comparison with the service. Together with Emirates airlines are the best I have experienced.

Date of travel: January 2021
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Hi 764bledarb,

You just made our day! Caring for you is not something we take lightly. And this is why our teams will always be there to give you peace of mind while travelling. Thanks for sharing this amazing review with us. :). *Mars

Reviewed 24 January 2021

Refused to refund me in full. Instead, the airline has been playing a fun game for the last four months where they put me on a flight, then cancel it, then rebook me, then cancel it, then rebook me, then cancel it. I made the mistake of trusting Etihad and now they have my money and refuse to return it. Any other stranded Australians looking for a reputable airline to get them home - avoid Etihad at all costs!

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank IpswichianBrisbanite

Hi ChristinamV4836LI,

We are so sorry, this must have been so frustrating to experience . Please feel free to drop us a DM with your booking reference on our Twitter page: @EtihadHelp , so that we can follow up on this for you and get it resolved as soon as possible. Thanks. *Mars

Reviewed 23 January 2021

Etihad had to cancel my flights (round ticket from KTM to ORD and back to KTM) because they don't fly to KTM anymore (Covid restriction). I requested a refund and they said that the refund was approved for processing on August of 2020. I have not seen the refund after 5 months. I have been calling almost twice a month and they keep sending my request via email to their "Refund Team" and tell me that the refund team will contact me soon. I have never gotten any call backs from Etihad ever in the past 5 months. that is a long time to hold on to someone else's hard earned money for that long.

WHERE IS MY MONEY??????

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
4  Thank kiranSaroj
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2021

Hi Kiran, please provide us with your booking reference via DM for further review. Thank you. *Zoe

Reviewed 22 January 2021

My connection was delayed until the next day and, before I boarded my first flight Etihad airways employee assured us that we’ll get a hotel once we get to Abu Dhabi airport. To our surprise when we got to the transfer desk they told us that it’s not their responsibility to accommodate us or give us food vouchers because the flight was delayed because of “bad weather”. The delay email was sent to us 2 days before the flight so how can weather be the issue?! How did they predict it? Other flights were taking off and landing. I believe that they merged flights because the planes are empty.
The airline expects us to sit on airport chairs for 19hrs. With no food. When we try to complain they threaten to call police on us and they did even though non of the passengers were crossing any lines, we cannot even book a hotel on our own expense because it’s fully booked and the other airport hotels are closed and we cannot leave the airport because of COVID. So we are stuck in this prison. They could at least allocate an area with pillows and blankets fir all these travelers who were unlucky to travel with such a horrible airline. I hope that IATA intervenes to prevent this inhumane treatment of passengers. And for sure I am never again traveling with this airline that does not have common standards of hospitality and treats people like animals.

1  Thank aliaa290

We are so sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectation. Please share your feedback along with your ticket details on our website feedback page, so we can investigate this further for you. We hope to speak with you and working towards earning back your business. *Zoe

Reviewed 21 January 2021

Company does not refund when plane is cancelled. We had a flight planned on 28th of March 2020 and the company did not refund for me and my wife s tickets.
I do not advise to book with Etihad.

Date of travel: March 2020
2  Thank 237jpj
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2021

Hi there, refund is in line with your ticket fare. Please contact your nearest Etihad Call Centre to check your ticket fare rule. Thank you. *Zoe

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.