“Great flight, service, but meh food”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

I have taken Etihad flights before and have had the same type of flight and service. The flight attendants were very professional and courteous. I asked for whatever and got it promptly. It's economy class but they treat the passengers very well. I like the long pour of wine. I appreciate them asking me if I wanted more wine. Some other flights will not ask if passengers need more drinks. I the was okay but I don't like the aroma or spice of the food. I can eat it and not be disgusted. I will take a Etihad flight over and over again.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Value for money
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and are happy to hear you enjoyed your flight with us. Thank you. *Isi

Write a ReviewReviews (11,895)

Reviewed 14 November 2018

The Etihad first class flight from Abu Dhabi to New York was absolutely fantastic. The apartments offered the comfort of home, they came with a vanity, mini bar and headphones to use with your personal entertainment TV. There is a couch which will transform into a bed and a chair which provides comfort settings and reclining options. You will also find your pajamas, slippers and toiletries to freshen up with.

The bathrooms, were very large and clean, provided towels, higher end hand soap, lotion and cologne. The shower is also quite large and easy to maneuver around in, not to mention something every traveler needs for that distance.

The staff are of the best I have encountered on any flight, personable and very willing to accommodate as well as keep you comfortable the entire flight. It feels as if they are looking after you which I appreciate immensely. They are present immediately with a drink upon boarding, taking your menu selections for entrees and drinks and of course, scheduling your shower. The managers also stopped by the apartment to introduce and make sure everything was wonderful, exceptional folks. Just ask the staff when you are ready for your bed to be made and they will set you for turn down service.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello, thank you for your review.
We appreciate you took your time and enjoyed your time on board with us so much.
Hopefully we can welcome you again on board. *Isi

Reviewed 14 November 2018

The business class flight aboard Etihad from the Maldives to Abu Dhabi. The business class seats were extremely comfortable, they provide as much leg room as you could ever require. A pillow and blanket will add to the comfort of the seats in that part of the cabin. They provide headphones and your personal entertainment screen with a vast selection of TV, movies, games, etc.

The staff in business class are very friendly, they offer you a drink upon reaching your seat and record your menu choice. I was disappointed when they had forgotten to bring the drinks we ordered with dinner, then we felt simply ignored when they failed to bring us our desert, yet served everyone else. I was forced to ask specifically for our drinks and desert at the same time, meanwhile the rest of business class was finished eating and working on their after dinner drinks.

I appreciated excellent comfort of the planes facilities we received by booking business class, my impression of the staff was fairly poor. I felt as if they just wanted to get the flight over with while staying out of sight behind the curtain.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed 14 November 2018

from check in to boarding i was excited. however i was surprised when my pulling bag was taken and being told that this cannot be brought in the plane cabin i only had that as my hand carry and with my laptop. it was my first experienced that laptop was being weighted as hand carry. it was a connecting flight so i have difficulties dealing with that

Date of travel: March 2018
1  Thank Princess Jasmin... C

Dear Jasmin... C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy the experience with us, this helps us improve our services going forward.

Kind Regards
Haithem

Reviewed 13 November 2018

I need to clarify that I regards Etihad as one of the best airliners in the world. The level of service and the quality of staff and aircrafts are ideal for long distance travel, particularly between Asia and Abu Dhabi. Having said that I need to tell that my experience with their web checkin was disappointing at least. Tried to book my seats from Incheon/Seoul to Abu Dhabi and further to Europe. Each leg costed some 15€ to book a seat, but I decided to go ahead due to the long haul. So what happened is that I selected seats, the system charged my credit card but would give me a message that web check in could not be complete. So I had to go to the counter at the airport to discover that a) the selected seats were not in the system b) my credit card was charged 30€ for both legs.
Shame! Now I have to figure out how can I claim back my money for nothing. Fix this people, for crying out loud!
Minor complaint: the in flight earphones were malfunctioning. Had to use my mobile hands free to listen to the movies.

1  Thank Sofi N
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Sofi, thank you for your review.
Regarding the charge please write us a private message here or on Facebook or Twitter. Then we can follow up on this for you. *Isi