“website problems”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly: i used to love etihad and still think its a great airline.
However, i had recently recurring problems with their website. Sometimes web check-in could not be completed, most recently a flight booking with miles was interrupted. Money was deducted, but ticket wasn’t issued, which cost me around 30 (!) min on the phone with the etihad office.
Plus: for this particular flight AUH-FRA every single seat selection would have incurred extra fees, not only the exit row or other “preferred” seats!! I find this a bit too much.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there, thanks for your support. We're sorry to learn about the issues you were facing with our website. In case you require assistance with our website in the future, please contact us in a private message on one of our Social Media channels or call our Contact Centre team, so we can assist you asap. Thanks. *Ivy

Write a ReviewReviews (11,247)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Today i was arrive at airport on 1 hour before my flight takeaway check in was on .. But inside the airport no one guide me, and was told me that i am late now you may not take flight now. When i was there no one was available for boarding. Other flights boarding was on...
Not give me time as for giving good etihad terms .
Then i gone to office (eithad) they waste my 1 hour and was not support me cleary.. I told them i will not bring my suitcase if boarding has closed. But please let me go for taking my flight but they were not compromising . And i lost my flight and ticket money too with 100% lose.
My question is that? your policy don't give any money back percentage % . Or any refund offer..
Totally loss with airline..
I am not happy with eithad airline
It was my return ticket from KHI to AUH. EY 201 was my flight...
Date.. 24 sep 2018
Time.. 10:25 .. I was arrive at 9:30 but not get compromise no support.
Ticket number-

3  Thank hira k

Dear Hira,

We advise all guests to arrive 3 hours before their departure to avoid unnecessary delays. If you are late for the check in, then you will be marked as a "No Show" and will have to amend your ticket.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Taking a business class flight and be excited about flying for the first and now for the last time Etihad.
This trip was to review the airline amount a portfolio of clients for our future trips, Unlucky enough, I arrive in Milan and my luggage is not there, after calling every day for the past 3 weeks ( 18 days ) with no news or information about my luggage.
I was in Milan for work during Fashion week trying to manage the situation and going to my client's event sharing the experience that almost horrifying and unexpected. They should outsource the customer service for luggage in Italy as the service in Milan is terrible, " NOBODY KNOWS NOTHING " is just ridiculous when you pay a ticket of 6,000 Euros, with Qatar when my luggage was delay they support the process from start giving me and costing my basic necessities, Sadly No more Etihad ....

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Dear Juan,

We apologise for the delay of your luggage. Please send us the details of your Baggage Claim via private message so that we can follow this up for you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found Etihad to be friendly, good food and comfortable! It was so easy to transfer in Abu Dhabi despite the short transfer times. I would definitely recommend this airline, and I would choose to fly with this airline again!

Hi Sjmutch, thanks a lot for your great feedback and for the full star rating. We're looking forward to welcoming you on board again soon. *Ivy

Booking Reference 6071319080332/333/334

EY 0028 EY 0454

Dear Peter Baumgartner

I have also sent this to Linda Celestino

I booked 3 business class tickets for a trip to visit my daughter in Australia who we had not seen for 3 years and to surprise my wife with a wedding vow renewal service on Manly beach on the 13th of January as a 10 year anniversary surprise coupled with my upcoming 50th birthday. My brother also travelled with us who happens to be Gluten free and required passenger assistance due to his medical needs.

When we arrived at Edinburgh airport no knew about the passenger assistance so we had to walk through the airport after being told it would be organised for us in Abu Dhabi.

We were booked onto EY28 and after takeoff I spoke with the cabin crew to confirm that there was gluten free meals on board as requested and booked only to be told that there was nothing on board for him so his journey consisted of 4 cups of tea and 2 glasses of wine.

We arrived at Abu Dhabi to find again no passenger assistance for my brother and after walking some distance came across staff with a wheel chair. I explained the situation that we were going to the business lounge the staff agreed they would take him in the chair. When we arrived at the lounge a staff member came and took our details and informed us he would return when check in opened and take us there. This he did. I spoke with the desk staff in the lounge and explained the situation surrounding my brother and his dietary needs to be told it would be fine and meals would be organised for the onward journey.

We arrived at the check in desk for flight EY 454 to have our carryon luggage searched by Etihad Staff not police as it has been suggested and all duty free removed and placed into a box and told by the Etihad staff!!!this would be brought to our seat on the plane. I was told that this was regulation in Abu Dhabi. I was not alone as there were several boxes sitting.

Once settled in the plane I spoke with staff about my brothers dietary needs only to be told they had no log of this and had no gluten free meals on board. Yet again another journey this time 14 hours with no meals...more cups of tea. A cabin crew member came and spoke with my brother and organised some fruit and offered scrambled egg which he could take off the bread and eat, my brother turned this down due to possible cross contamination which would make him very ill! He had fruit and cheese for his meal on the flight. I am sure you can agree that this is NOT acceptable.

When we landed I asked staff if our duty free could be returned to which a blank look emerged and I was asked what I meant. I explained the situation to him. He made a call down stairs and came back and informed me our duty free was not on board. To add to this there again was no passenger assistance for my brother so yet again he had to walk. We were advised to check the duty free desk at the exit which was un manned with nothing there. We came across a young non Etihad staff member who had a wheelchair and spoke with him and he was more than happy to help us out. He took us right the way through customs etc and out to the awaiting car for us.

This was to be the trip of a lifetime for us as I say visiting my daughter and the surprise wedding vow ceremony for my wife and I which had started terribly. My brother spent the first three days in bed and I did nothing but stress over the whole situation especially with the thought of the return leg still loomimg.

We booked business class to make the trip more special as my wife thought we were flying economy. Myself and my daughter in Australia had spent some time organising this trip and surprise and after our outward journey being a complete disaster I was concerned about our return leg. I was tempted to take up the email offer to bid for a first class seat for us as an extra surprise but this would have been even more of a let down, waste of money and disaster for the start of our holiday.

We tried to gain access to see someone at Sydney main offices but were turned away as we were not staff and did not have an appointment. I managed to speak with someone on the telephone who took all my details and assured me that someone would contact me before we departed…..no one did!

We asked to speak to someone at Sydney airport on our day of travel which turned out to be the concierge at the business lounge. We were told that the matter of our duty free would hopefully be sorted out before we left Sydney.......it wasn't.

We were then told it would be sorted out by the time we reach Abu Dhabi......it wasn't. We spoke to concierge at the business lounge where they took all my contact details and was told someone would contact me within 4 working day as this was company policy??.....no one has and it it far longer than 4 days now! I was also told that staff could not handle duty free with it being a Muslim country and I would have to exit the airport and re enter and locate the lost property desk and try there. We only had an hour wait so this would not be an option for me.

I am sure you can understand why I am frustrated, angry and disappointed and contacting you as if it had been one thing, I could let this go but for it to be a whole journey of disasters. Etihad was recommended to us over our previous carrier Emirates which was a fantastic experience for our journey, and the fact I booked business class was going to make it so much more special but we have been severely let down and saddened by this experience which bears me to question why I didn’t go with Emirates!!

As I have said this was to be the trip of a lifetime for us with our 10 year anniversary and my 50th birthday.....not a great start from such a company as yourselves whose website promotes your core values etc and that promotes its self on the service it provides. Clearly not in this occasion!

ETIHAD....YOU SPOILED AND WASTED OUR HOLIDAY. The 3 Business class tickets actually equated to half a years wage for myself and we were looking forward to experiencing what is advertised as an unrivalled amazing experience....let me tell you it wasn't. We are left with a sour taste in our mouths after the experience and would not recommend your airline to anyone. I honestly believe we would have been better travelling economy with Emirates who live and breath customer service and we would have had a better experience and journey.

Every step we have taken to have this resolved has been met with insulting offers and brick walls being built by yourselves with no intension of helping us.

ETIHAD you should be ashamed of yourselves as I am ashamed as I should have gone with the recommendation to fly with Emirates but chose Etihad and to fly Business to make a dream come true for my wife and I to renew our vows in Australia. You caused us stress and worry we didn't need.

We are planning on travelling to New Zealand in March 2019 and with the sour taste in our mouths we won’t be using Etihad but will look at flying our original choice of Emirates. How can we book and trust Etihad after this fiasco which you are happy to just play along and fob off. If I were a famous F1 racing car driver or a famous footballer this would not be happening.

This has taken far too long to be resolved and is now farcical with a company like Etihad not really giving a care to a customer who has risen what I call a genuine and sincere complaint. Totally different to what you advertise on your website with your core values etc etc

I initially contacted you at the end of December 2017 and its now the 13th of June 2019 I am sure you will agree that this is not acceptable!!

I have previously replied to an email from Mohamed Kamil stating that we feel that the 10,000 air miles you offered is being refused as it is quite an insult for what WE all suffered through this experience of such bad service and lack of support.

I was then offered £100 in lieu of our next trip so we can use it for "extra leg room and luggage" Again this is an insult as I don't feel like I have said my wife and could fly with you again especially for our trip in 2019!

I was advised over twitter to contact Etihad only to be told after 2 weeks I had to contact my initial case officer to which I did only for it to take several weeks to get a return. I am now on social media going to contact other well known airlines to ask if this is normal protocol for dealing with such an incident.

Such a let down and dissapointment

Absolute Disgrace Etihad and Mohamed Kamil

I thank you for your considerations in this matter

nilocattal@yahoo.com

2  Thank nilocattal

Dear Nilo,

Please send us your case number via private message so that we can investigate this further.