“New plane less room !!!”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We boarded a nice new Boeing 787 for our flight from Brisbane to Rome. Service was good, food was below average and I'm not fussy. The leg room of the seat was good as I am 180cm tall. But the seat aren't as wide as they could be. Keep bumping elbows with people next to me. Apart from that, everything ok

1  Thank Bernie V
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Bernie, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi

Write a ReviewReviews (11,192)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a complaint for airport harassment on the day of September 1, 2018 at Toronto Pearson Airport. The complaint originated when both our (My husbands and mine) carry-on’s were being rejected and we were asked to pay $300 and something dollars in order for us to be able to board with the carry-ons. My husband simply stated the point that we have traveled with these carry-ons within the last one year (still had the previous tags on the carry-on) and we had no problem whatsoever with it. The Manager in charge that time named Aida and Vladimir(Supervisor) (do not know their last names) misbehaved with us and many families there present due to similar problem saying "if you don’t have the money to pay for it then don’t board!". In the middle of their cruel and harassing attitude my husband got the luggage tags for both the carry-on. In between 1:40pm to 2:30pm, I urge you to check the CCTV camera of Gate C 30 - the flight from Toronto Pearson to Abu Dhabi, one of the Etihad representatives saw us going towards boarding the plane after final boarding pass check, got our carry-ons, ripped off the luggage tags, and then said pay for it. I was shocked! How could they rip it off just like that when they are the one who gave us those tags? The person who ripped it off told us that why we went to the managers so many times hence the manager instructed him to rip it off as the tags were not valid and pay for it. Throughout the whole time, the managers were overlooking as they were determined they would make us pay for the carry-ons. For straight two hours, me and my husband were standing there and showing them that the luggage do fit the designated box (or else why would they give us the tags at the first place?). We saw many passengers with bigger carry-ons walking right past us, boarding on the plane. Personal ego got dragged to the point when Aida (the lady manager) and Vladimir asked us to give them the boarding pass to take our luggage’s off the plane and make us forcibly miss the flight. At the end, I begged to them and they threw one of our carry-on luggage’s and told us next time to be careful of who we mess with!
My question to Etihad is, what kind of human are you hiring to deal with customers? We got to know at the time of checking out luggage’s from the Customer Service at Pearson that there is a new station manager named Phil who came from New York to Toronto and is willing to harass customers to show his upper management that he is making the company a profit.
They have made us feel so scared, that my husband and I didn't want to take any chance of complaining before and later facing any harassment on our way back to Canada.
I am complaining here and would take this to Canadian Consumer board as well since I have valid proof to get justice for this harassment and horrendous act.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Ahasan K

Hello Ahasan, thank you for reaching out to us.
Please forward your complaint to feedbacATetihad.ae and the Guest Relations Team will investigate this further. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived in London having eaten little. My wife and I were nauseous and appalled at quality of food, service and attention. Every request was too hard to complete.My wife was diagnosed with gastrointestinal issues after flight and when I complained to airlines I was told they would get in touch.The complaint was repeated twice more after the company failed to get in touch.We reluctantly returned 12 days later and were given a pasta dish and lamb dish that were tepid and cold. The pasta was replaced with slightly warmer one but they had no lamb dish left. My wife was given no alternative. When I complained and asked to speak to flight manager, no one attended to the issue. Too hard.On final leg of journey a "chicken pie" was served very hot. I know what it was because it was printed on container, The contents resembled white plasicine with green and red bits. I have been home two days and have heard nothing from their coustomer service department. In flight entertainment was a lottery,milk for coffee or tea only available as powdered and toilets that were not cleaned or topped up with towels are another story. Too hard!!

1  Thank Sundance5027

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us.
Please send us your case number in a private message and we will have a look into your complaint. *Isi

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This airline was clean and helpful. There food was not the best food I’ve had on a flight but okay.
Our luggage made it in one piece which is always good.

Hi Sharon, we are happy to hear that you liked the flight with us as well as the service on board. Thank you for your feedback regarding our meals on board. We would be happy to welcome you on board again soon. *Marc

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good fight with relatively short transit time in Abu Dhabi . Staff were friendly and very efficient and the food and drinks service was fine . Plenty of variation in the in flight entertainment package . However I do wish airlines would have different in flight entertainment packages for outward in inbound flights .

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi Chris, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your flight and the service on board. Thank you for flying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you on board again soon. *Marc