“As good as you will find for an economy flight! :)”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Not my first flight with Etihad, but the best flight yet.
Very smooth, hassle free transfer at Abu Dhabi (just enough time to stretch my legs and use the rest-room).
Food was very good, and the stainless cutlery was a nice touch.
Cabin staff were polite and worked hard to keep the passengers happy.
Comfortable seating.. I slept well! :)
I prefer to fly direct, but the transfer was so quick and the service so good that it was no less convenient than a direct flight.

1  Thank Nick L
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi Nicke, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your flight with us, including the transfer in Abu Dhabi. Thanks for your positive feedback about our crew, our service and our comfort on board. We're looking forward to welcoming you on board again soon. *Ivy

Write a ReviewReviews (10,345)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Comfortable seating, perfect entertaining program and friendly attentive flight attendants = looking forward to the next time!
Maybe one should check beforehand if the Arabic or English language is more often represented.

1  Thank Frank H

Hi Frank, thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you had a marvelous time on board with us. We're also looking forward to welcoming you on board again soon. Thanks! *Ivy

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I am forced to write this post as an official complaint due to the shocking service I’ve received from Etihad for my last reservation. I am a very unhappy customer and I vow not to use Etihad ever again and spread the word on social media amongst thousands of people to do the same. I not only was served badly, I lost money on the refund which I was forced to do as your incompetent staff was not able to handle my query on multiple occasions. I had called in 6 times to request call backs and never received one. This is truly absurd and shocking.

2  Thank Syed A

Hi Syed, we're sorry to learn about this. In order for us to investigate this further, please share your experience with us on our website under the tap "About us - Contact us", where you can find our feedback email address. You can send us an email, and our team will create a case for you. If you already have an existing case, please send us your case number and email address in a private message. Thanks! *Ivy

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have made upwards of 15 long-haul return trips from the UK to Australia using a total of four different airlines and Etihad ranks a poor fourth. As a result of a very poor food experience on this flight, we complained to Etihad as soon as we were back in the UK. Two acknowledgements were received from the airline but after 10 days we asked if there had been any progress. 4 minutes later we received a very indifferent & unsatisfactory stereotypical response.
Our complaint about food hinged around the 'salad starters' which were frozen but gently thawing. One of our meals was virtually a 'repeat' of the first main course we had received earlier in the flight. A sympathetic crew member arranged a cheese sandwich which was from a crew meal and it was confirmed there was a problem with food out of Perth. Generally on all four flights we took with Etihad this year (Manchester to Abu Dhabi to Perth and return) it was the worst airline food we had experienced in very many years of long-haul flying. Water was also scarce on the flights between meals.
Secondly, unlike most other airlines, we did not load by 'zone' (usually starting with the rear seating area) but it tended to be a free for all, which resulted in the obvious problems with passengers loading their hand-luggage into overhead lockers whilst others were squeezing past.
We will definitely avoid Etihad for our future flights and fly to Australia via Singapore or Dubai.
In Perth Airport, we saw two Etihad flight crew buying 'take-away' coffee and cakes in a cafe; with the benefit of hindsight, we perhaps now know why!

1  Thank TnJuk

Hi, we're sorry to learn that you are not satisfied with our food and beverage service. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us as we are constantly trying to improve our service based on our guest's reviews. *Ivy

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I really wish the rating system allowed for something between Average and Very Good, as that is where this flight belongs...like slightly above average. However, taking US airlines out of the equation (as they are not very nice), this flight falls more in the average category.

Here's what makes it slightly better than average: a good entertainment system, USB and power plugs for each seat, friendly staff, and the flights arrived early. And, we did get a good fare on this flight.

As for the rest, the seats were not as comfortable as economy seats I've experienced elsewhere. I had to sit on my pillow. They did lean back pretty far, but the rows are really tight. Food was decent on the way to Jo'burg, but not so great on the way back (pasta salad as a side dish when you have pasta as a main dish--puzzling).

On the return, one of our bags was lost, but we got it the next day, delivered to our house.

We were able to select our seats online before traveling at no extra cost--a definite bonus these days..

A tip: if your flight originates in AD, make sure you know in advance of your arrival which terminal you are leaving from. We didn't pay close attention and there was little signage near the rental car return in the airport telling use where to go. We had a bit of a walk to get to the right place.

1  Thank MandanaJames
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Mandana, thanks the review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our in-flight entertainment and our service. We will pass on our feedback about the other points mentioned to the respective teams, as we are constantly wish to improve our services. We're looking forward to welcoming you on board again soon. *Ivy