“Worst Service Ever - lack of customer respect”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Being Etihad Silver member for more than 11 years however; my experience on 12 December 2017 from Abu Dhabi to Cairo was the worst ever. I have tried etihad airways many many times and now unfortunately I ensure their service goes down and their staff are very unprofessional and simply not customer oriented or cares about their customers. Lack of customer respect!!

Let me be more specific because what I have experienced is worth writing and unexpected from a reputable airways like Etihad:
1- I got a seat a non- reclining seat in front of the exits row and I was traveling with my two kids. So I asked to change the seat because I have a back-pain problem and the passenger in front of me was turning all of his seat on my legs so I was squeezed but unfortunately they said we can’t do any thing to you although the plan was not full.
2- Surprisly; I requested a crew help for more than 35 minutes no one came to me I pressed on the light twice and again the plane was not full!! “Cindy” from the crew came to me and I politely and quietly asked her that I am waiting for more than 35 minutes and I did not continue what I am saying then she left nervous and with a sad face she left me and I told her you did not know what I am asking however; she left after 5 more minutes the cabinet crew named Samir came to me sadly asking what do you want and I said I am Air sick I am just asking for panadol for more than 45 minutes honestly; he reacted quickly and got me the panadol and apologize for Cindy behavior and told me she is overwhelmed!!! And she refused to work for more than 30 minutes!!!

I can’t expect this attitude or unprofessional behavior from Etihad employees as they are representing a big reputatble airways not themselves. They should consider proper training and teaching their staff how to be more customer oriented. We felt disregarded and unvalued.  My 10 years girls told me they are very rude and not smiling to the customer!!! We realize many customers experienced delays and similar complaints recently with Etihad. I would hope that the management will consider my complaint for future improvement.

1  Thank Marwa T
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Hi Marwa, thanks for taking the time to share your recent onboard experience with us. We are disappointed to learn that you and your family were left unhappy with the assistance that you were provided by our cabin crew teams. As a five star airline this is not what we expect from our cabin crew and will be sure to share your feedback with our Cabin Crew Performance Managers so that they may speak with the team. We hope that you are feeling much better now and hope that despite your experience, you will continue to choose to fly with Etihad Airways in the future. *Nic

Write a ReviewReviews (7,754)

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

The service seems to be dropping off with Etihad. Have previously travelled with them long haul around 12 flights in the last 5 years. This time was the worst.

-No hot or cold towels.
-No toothbrush/sock/eyemask
-Headset was broken
-Meal time seemed like a random drop of food across the cabin. Seemed chaotic but didn't really effect it too much, just seemed dis-organised. The food was okay
-Cabin staff didn't enforce any rules regarding seat backs. We we reclined on before we sat down and throughout the meal service untill we asked them to get them to sit upright. They allowed them to recline during accent and during 90% of decent.
-staff were nice enough otherwise

The 787 was a nice plane with good entertainment system. The 777 entertainment system is looking dated.

If we weren't VA Velocity members i think we would probably be checking out what Emirates has to offer currently.

1  Thank Daniel R

Hi Daniel, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your recent travel. We are disappointed to learn that as a frequent traveller, that it did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. We appreciate your honesty and have gratefully noted each of your comments to be shared with our teams. We hope that you will continue to choose to fly with us in the future. *Nic

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Very busy second leg with a passenger next to me who sneezed and coughed all the way& there was no escape! Amazingly I remained "lurgi" free! Food looked good, but I was somewhat put off it! Hostesses were attentive and polite. Good selection of entertainment!

1  Thank Ron J

Hi Ron, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your travel with us yesterday despite the coughs and sneezes! Thanks for your thoughts about the onboard meal service, we will share with our catering team. Hope you continue to remain 'lurgy' free and hope to see you onboard again soon. *Nic

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Short flight which offered no entertainment movies or attractions, but flight attendants were pleasant, helpful and always smiling.
A snack was offered, nothing spectacular in this arena but may be improved visually.
Ground crew on arrival were helpful and efficient as I needed help for my mom with a wheel chair (planned for ahead of time) and they were super helpful.
Luggage arrived safe.
One down side (serious), I had a confirmed e-ticket with seat number which has been paid for extra, this seating was not honored and we were (company of 3) relocated to 10 seats behind the selected seat which was really not acceptable. Fortunately, a flight attendant was able to provide us with even a better seat after boarding was closed when availability was there.
Ground crew in Kuwait were pleasant, while those attending departure from Abu Dhabi were not. Wheel chair assistants were so helpful all through in both Kuwait and Abu Dhabi God bless them.
I would certainly fly again with Etihad, but would confirm multiple times regarding seating as this may be a short coming which should be addressed.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable travel experience with us. We are sorry to learn that you did not receive your confirmed seats, but are pleased to hear that you were assisted by the cabin crew to be reseated in a preferred choice of seating. We have gratefully noted all of your comments and will be sure to pass on to our teams. Hope to see you onboard very soon. *Nic

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Business class offered, economy class was 2-4-2 configuration. The plane had very basic cream and white interior and seemed a bit dated. A large group of local religious citizens were seating separately at pre-boarding and were allowed to board before the regular customers.
The entertainment system was a bit more dated, but movie selection was good. The seating leg room was average, but the width was very tight making it hard for comfort and even worse during meal service. A very positive note is the flight attendants offered all the young kids coloring books and markers, which made for a more enjoyable flight for everyone. I had the chicken dish for the meal option and it was just very average.
The staff in general was nice, but the air circulation quality was very poor as many people began coughing during the flight, myself included. The restrooms were clean for the most part.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi there, thanks for sharing a further review with us. We are grateful for your feedback about your onboard experience and have noted your additional comment about the cabin air circulation. This will be forwarded to our cabin interior team for consideration. Thank you and we hope to see you onboard again soon. *Nic