“OK Flight at good price”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on this flight through Addis because of the good price. The airline was as good as can be expected. A big plus was the legroom. So important on a long journey. Check in was helpful both there and return and as I have a stiff leg I was given an isle seat. Unfortunately being right at the back I was constantly woken by either people using the toilet or staff cleaning it.The flights themselves were smooth and uneventful
On the downside the food was at best boring and the drinks options were poor. No spirits and awful beer. I have yet to try a wine on a plane that was drinkable. This was no exception. The headphones provided were poor and the fittings did not allow personal headphones to be used

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,595)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

good new boeing 777 and 787 dreamline aircrafts with the best leg-space that i have ever seen in the economy class! so very comfortable.
the food was average, but the beverages was limited. no hard liquor. didnt like the beer they gave either.
good entertainment on board.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having only travelled in the past with Emirates Airlines on my first international trip, there is not much to compare when it comes to travelling abroad as many of my counterparts on this site. However I can attest to being impressed with this airline and as it goes without saying... "First Impressions Last " Ethiopian Airlines comes across as a well structured airline with friendly staff and quality travelling. Good legroom, and seating. My only negative would be that the on flight entertainment could have used a better variety of movies especially for those who struggle to sleep (like me) during a flight. Still I am fortunate enough to be an avid reader so I had back up entertainment... Addis Ababa (Bole) International although under new construction was easy to navigate for those who are transferring to different destinations. In all a good travelling experience at a great price I would definitely consider using Ethiopian Airlines for my next trip!
Overall Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Seating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Food ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Entertainment ⭐⭐⭐
Staff⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

3  Thank NatGirlTravel14
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first experience on Ethiopian airlines. It was a full flight but comfortable enough and the staff were friendly and attentive. The food wasn’t too bad either. In flight entertainment choices could have been a bit better.

1  Thank Belfastguy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was the first time using this airline, I was attracted by the price but boy did I regret it!!! At check-in in Durban I discovered they had given my seats away & were given seats away from each other. On arrival in Addis I had to fight to get our seats back so we could sit together as a family. On our return our bags were left in Addis that was not the problem it happens but when the mistake has been made it’s how you fix it. Ethiopian Airlines could not be bothered. Imagine the disappointment of my kids who had to get home without their goodies! It ended up being SAA who tracked our luggage to Addis & had it delivered to our house. I promised myself it was the first & last time I’d rather pay more!

1  Thank Ncums