“Flight to South Africa, via Addis”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flights were fine and the service good. We departed late in Dammam, but still made the connection flight in Addis. Addis airport thought was a nightmare.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,437)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

"This is a short visit, surely nothing will go wrong." I said to myself recalling my past nightmares with inland travel on ET in the past. I applaud Ethiopia for keeping things moving in a difficult environment but my last trip left me underwhelmed. I arrived at about 9.00 pm but only managed to clear through immigration past 11.00 pm! Only the parents with really young children braving the winding queue made me think "It could have been worse!" Armed with my past experience, I was determined to get things right...confirm my return flight ASAP...I shouldn't have bothered. I was checked in...only to get turned away at the boarding gate. The flight was overbooked and I was to be collateral damage! After more than two hours waiting to be allocated a hotel where I would have to wait till late afternoon for the next flight, I had to stand in a long immigration queue...again. Along with some other unfortunate Africans (I also noticed that most of those bumped off the ET flights were African ...coincidence maybe) we were driven to Afarensis Hotel whose staff acted like they were doing us a big favour, serving us an excuse of a lunch before we could head back to the airport. The airline linking its clients to such poorly managed establishments says something about them. I will not say "never again" but given other options, I will take them over Ethiopian Airlines which I can recommend for those who have a lot of time on their hands. In summary, I was not happy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I flew from Namibia heading to Dubai and transited in Addis Ababa. However our flight was late and we missed it. When i got to the terminal the agent at the desk told me to wait for the next flight and assured that we will be on it. I waited for about 2 hours then the gate opened to board. I went to thd agent again to double check if i can join the que and he said we should wait until everyone else boarded. We where about 20 people who waited on the side.. fortunately the flight was full. When we spoke to the agent he said we will have to fly tomorrow because this one is over booked..Which does not make sense why he asked us to wait while he clearly know its overbooked. We we told that we should go to customer service for the hotel passed. As we reached the customer service there was no organization at all. The agent looked totally unaware of what to do..we waited in the que for another 2 and half hour. The long wait had two ladies faint. The Hotel we where in was Churchill hotel. We where not given water to drink. No Towels in the room and the cleanliness of the rooms i dnt want to mention. As an airline i would suggest that you train your staff on how to handle this types of situations without the guest feeling it. If the flight is full dnt make people wait book them a hotel which is good and clean for them to rest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Airline has three convenient ADD-DXB flights. Planes are new, clean, and comfortable. Price is significantly lower than Emirates, the other airline with daily flights. The only complaint I have is the usually great service in economy somehow doesn't translate into business class. Although they are very nice they were not very professional, brought us the wrong order and some orders never arrived. Otherwise a great airline.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a very pleasant flight, there were adequate inflight entertainments to choose from. Drinks and food were served none stop the crew worked so hard to make sure we all had a memorable and comfortable flight. There were quite a few empty seats and the crew were allocating these seat for expectant mums, pax with infants and to the elderly so that they can stretch their legs and have a relaxed comfortable flight.