“The first time and the last time awful experiences by poor crisis management”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my ever first time to experience with Emirates which has been known as the 5 stars rating airline in the world. Unfortunately, due to the huge impact from Dubai storm, I was one of thousand victims on 16/4 from Vietnam to Hungary (transit in Dubai). I was stranded in cargo airport of Dubai for almost 2 days. They didn't deliver any drink or food on the first day. The small airport had served 3 flights with over 600 passengers by a few staffs there with only beer, wine, snacks and no bread or even water or accommodations services. They only served the food support on second day.

Emirates seems to block all complaints submissions from the passengers that's why I couldn't send them the suggestion of delay reason confirmation for travelling insurance requirements :( . I acknowledge the crisis due to unexpected natural impacts but at least they must support the passengers to claim the significant loss they have been suffering to the traveling insurance requirements for the delay reason confirmation. They really showed so poor crisis management to sort out the resources for handle and care the upset and exhausted passengers. I did lose:

1. One night hotel in Budapest
2. One day for Eurogo tour
3. Self traveling from Budapest to Vienna (the tour originally picked at hotel in Budapest then started the tour to Vienna at first day)

Otherwise, I notice the unfair treatment from them to Asian passengers and other continental nationalities. We had to pay the same price of tickets but we were divided as the second group to be sort out 24 hours visa to enter Dubai so the buses could deliver us to the international airport to resume the journey.

I do not recommend this airlines for my friends. Never ever.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank DaoP21

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would like to appreciate the crew member: Sofia on the trip EK0867 from Muscat to Dubai, that toke place on May 20th,2024
Sofia was very supportive, kind and helpful
I thank her and wish her the best.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service, great experience and enjoyable especially Airbus A380. I absolutely enjoyed my journey, chatting away with flight attendants, onboard lounge is everything especially if you like champagne and surprise cocktails 🍸 from attendants 🥂🍾 then go for it. A must for haul flights ✈️

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Emirates you never fail. 100% all the way. Have traveled 1st Class the last 4 years and your service is 10/10. Love the all flight menu have what you want when you want. Your cabin crew are always helpful friendly and up for a chat. Just need to add a Pinot Gris to the wine list. What are you going to do when the A380 is gone? No Bar No Shower..........

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Emirates is a good airline however there were a number of glitches on the flights.
Lets start with the economy trip from Cape Town to Dubai.
I was really impressed with the flight.
The seats were comfortable.
The entertainment channels were very varied with more than enough channels.
The evening meal of shrimp and noodles was great.
There was also internet available, WhatsApp, Telegram etc for free, and other upgrades if you required.
Were were given the obligatory pack with socks, eye shades and a tooth brush and paste.
However the breakfast of, I think it was called ' pulled beef' left a lot to be desired.
The service on the plane was amazing.
Flight time was about nine and a half hours.
From Dubai to Phuket I travelled Business.
Ok, lets start with the seats. They were great, virtually 'lie flat' and spacious.
There was no internet at all throughout the flight.
The flight pack was very good.
The evening 'snacks were really tasty, however the morning breakfast, I had the omelette was dry and unappetizing.
Oh, and the entertainment was very limited, not nearly as good as the previous economy flight.
Again the service was amazing.
On the way back, I had to take whatever option there was as I had to get to Phuket as a result of an emergency there.
I travelled to Singapore for Phuket on Jetstar.
It is an only just over 90 minute flight and the seats were comfortable and it was a pleasant flight.
I then travelled from Singapore to Dubai on Emirates.
The flight time is just over 7 hours.
The flight was comfortable, the food tasty, and service good.
We did not get the 'flight pack on this leg.
The stayover was four and a half hours however the airline lounge was great.
The flight from Dubai to Cape Town was nine and a half hours, I travelled economy, and again the service was great and entertainment channels good.

Date of travel: May 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.