“Thanks to crew member: Sofia on trip EK0867”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 20 May 2024

I would like to appreciate the crew member: Sofia on the trip EK0867 from Muscat to Dubai, that toke place on May 20th,2024
Sofia was very supportive, kind and helpful
I thank her and wish her the best.

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 19 May 2024

Great service, great experience and enjoyable especially Airbus A380. I absolutely enjoyed my journey, chatting away with flight attendants, onboard lounge is everything especially if you like champagne and surprise cocktails 🍸 from attendants 🥂🍾 then go for it. A must for haul flights ✈️

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 19 May 2024

Emirates you never fail. 100% all the way. Have traveled 1st Class the last 4 years and your service is 10/10. Love the all flight menu have what you want when you want. Your cabin crew are always helpful friendly and up for a chat. Just need to add a Pinot Gris to the wine list. What are you going to do when the A380 is gone? No Bar No Shower..........

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 18 May 2024

Emirates is a good airline however there were a number of glitches on the flights.
Lets start with the economy trip from Cape Town to Dubai.
I was really impressed with the flight.
The seats were comfortable.
The entertainment channels were very varied with more than enough channels.
The evening meal of shrimp and noodles was great.
There was also internet available, WhatsApp, Telegram etc for free, and other upgrades if you required.
Were were given the obligatory pack with socks, eye shades and a tooth brush and paste.
However the breakfast of, I think it was called ' pulled beef' left a lot to be desired.
The service on the plane was amazing.
Flight time was about nine and a half hours.
From Dubai to Phuket I travelled Business.
Ok, lets start with the seats. They were great, virtually 'lie flat' and spacious.
There was no internet at all throughout the flight.
The flight pack was very good.
The evening 'snacks were really tasty, however the morning breakfast, I had the omelette was dry and unappetizing.
Oh, and the entertainment was very limited, not nearly as good as the previous economy flight.
Again the service was amazing.
On the way back, I had to take whatever option there was as I had to get to Phuket as a result of an emergency there.
I travelled to Singapore for Phuket on Jetstar.
It is an only just over 90 minute flight and the seats were comfortable and it was a pleasant flight.
I then travelled from Singapore to Dubai on Emirates.
The flight time is just over 7 hours.
The flight was comfortable, the food tasty, and service good.
We did not get the 'flight pack on this leg.
The stayover was four and a half hours however the airline lounge was great.
The flight from Dubai to Cape Town was nine and a half hours, I travelled economy, and again the service was great and entertainment channels good.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 17 May 2024

Do you have any idea what travellers experienced in the 72 hours that we were detained at the Dubai airport on the 18th of April? We were treated like cattle (chasing us, locking us up in certain areas of the airport around gate B21 with disgusting bathrooms and toilets that went uncleaned for days) while using our gate to board passengers to Toronto while our flights to New York were delayed, indefinitely? We boarded the aircraft to New York on arrival (late arrival from Bangalore) and were deplaned after 3 hours after one of our pilots was absconding. The lies we were fed during the 72 hours of our stay at the airport (without so much as providing food or water. Yes, we were told that free food was available at MacDonalds and other outlets if we showed our boarding pass, absolute BS. WE HAD TO PAY FOR OUR FOOD AS THE SCANNERS COULDN'T READ THE BAR CODE ON OUR BOARDING PASSES- ABSOLUTE SCAM!!) When we were finally boarded after much drama and more lies by the airport staff, we landed in New York only to realise our bags were not loaded. The running around they made us do to ensure our "baggage travelled with us", before we finally got on to our flight was more lies. I left Bangalore to arrive in New York on the 18th of April. I finally landed in New York at 10:30 PM on the 19th missing my connecting flights from New York to Rochester, TWICE. Had to spend one night in JFK airport and paid the third time for my connecting flight to Rochester. A total of USD 1200 was wasted on my final flight home. The treatment of Indians at the Dubai airport was horrendous and I will never fly Emirates again.
Dear Prime Minister @narendramodi, please note Indians were the worst treated by the airport staff amongst all the travellers that were affected by this madness.
The baggage arrived at my residence in Rochester, New York after 2.5 weeks and my bags arrived damaged. I have filed multiple complaints on the Emirates websites with absolutely no status updates to date.
Food in the economy sucks. For the first time in 15 years of flying various airlines, I threw up on the aircraft. The landing sucked and lemon and other nausea-preventing items were hard to obtain during my flight.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Jessy A
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.